Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EOF
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srunni wrote:
OK, I just copied your .config into /usr/src/linux. When I ran ``make'', I got a bunch of yes/no prompts for what should be compiled into the kernel. Is this normal?

Edit: I had 2.6.27-r2---with -r3 it compiled fine. However, your xorg.conf doesn't work for me. I copied it over, made some changes so that it would work with ATI binary driver, and now I'm getting ``setVBEMode failed''. Also, I don't understand why it's using a screen depth of 8, when I commented out all the depths except for 24 in xorg.conf.

Eh sorry. I only copied the parameters here which were selected. I did a

Code:

> cat .config | grep - v "#"

such that all unselected parameters were not printed. Is there a BBCode enviroment here which saves space? Then, after work, i post the complete .config file.
I also think it is important not to use all my kernel parameters. Most people dont need for example chinese, french or german as additional languages.
srunni
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well is it possible for me to go into menuconfig and edit your kernel .config after I copy it into /usr/src/linux ? In that case, I would be able to remove the features I'm sure I don't need.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: