PHP will not render images.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-neX-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: PHP will not render images. Reply with quote

apologies in advance if this is a re-hashed issue -- but i have not found a fully functional solution yet! my original issue (found here) has expanded to include ALL PHP applications. the issue has been further complicated by what looks to be a broken patch file that i have posted about separately.

the story so far, as much of it as i can recall accurately anyways...

*updated to apache 2.9 (the initial cause?)
* noted that no images were displaying on install of www-apps/gallery
* gallery unable to render CAPTCHA images
* checked to see if this was apache related, was not (handles images fine: examples)
* checked various premissions and settings according to gallery2 FAQ
* went over the USE flags for dev-lang/php, noted that various documents mention a 'jpeg' flag, this is not present in the current version of php flags (?)
* recompiled dev-lang/php and media-libs/tiff (with jbig support)
* noticed that eDesktop was also having same problem -- no images.
* ran a backup, reinstalled gallery2 (latest) with fresh mysql db, re-imported pics as described in gallery2 FAQ

(i thought that) things seemed to be working fine until this morning, when i noticed that the problem had returned -- and now there seems to be something wrong with the patching for media-libs/tiff. as stated in the other thread regarding gallery2 and missing images, this is not, or at least does not seem to be an issue with .htaccess.

ive posted the output of emerge --info here. if any other info is needed, will be more than happy to provide.
Malvineous
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What extension do those apps use to render images? gd? Does your phpinfo say that gd (or whatever) is present? (<?php phpinfo(); ?>) If it's missing, what is the ./configure line given near the top of the phpinfo? That will tell you whether emerge *tried* to compile it in or not.
-neX-
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malvineous wrote:
What extension do those apps use to render images? gd? Does your phpinfo say that gd (or whatever) is present? (<?php phpinfo(); ?>) If it's missing, what is the ./configure line given near the top of the phpinfo? That will tell you whether emerge *tried* to compile it in or not.

gd is the rendering engine according to phpinfo().

i think i have this problem fixed with the new build licked with my latest recompile of dev-lang/php, but only time will tell.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: