View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unclethommy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Can't emerge remaining kde 4.1.2 packages Reply with quote

Hi there, I read in one of the other threads here that the ebuilds for kde 4.1.2 are in portage and followed the instructions to add the correct keyword and unmask files to the new portage 2.2-rc11 setup.

I did a emerge @kdebase and it provided a list of a lot of kde packages. So I let it run for a few hours in a tty console (making sure I logged out of any kde sessions incase this caused conflicts). I came back to find tail of the emerge which didn't report any errors. However, what I realise now is that the only program which was merged apparently is kdelibs-4.1.2

I haven't rebooted yet but wanted to install @kdebase and a few others before the reboot.

When I try, I get the same error:

Code:
>>> Starting parallel fetch
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/emerge", line 18, in <module>
    retval = _emerge.emerge_main()
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 13879, in emerge_main
    myopts, myaction, myfiles, spinner)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 12973, in action_build
    retval = mergetask.merge()
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 9454, in merge
    rval = self._merge()
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 9703, in _merge
    self._add_prefetchers()
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 9294, in _add_prefetchers
    prefetcher = self._create_prefetcher(pkg)
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/_emerge/__init__.py", line 9316, in _create_prefetcher
    pkg.root_config.trees["bintree"].isremote(pkg.cpv):
  File "/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage/dbapi/bintree.py", line 965, in isremote
    if pkgname not in self._remotepkgs:
TypeError: argument of type 'NoneType' is not iterable

Does anyone have the same problem or a solution to this? I tried to remerge python and then run python-update but the list of programs it wanted to remerge wasn't working with portage...

Here is my emerge --info

Code:
Portage 2.2_rc11 (default/linux/x86/2008.0, gcc-4.1.2, glibc-2.6.1-r0, 2.6.24-gentoo-r8 i686)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.24-gentoo-r8-i686-Intel-R-_Pentium-R-_4_CPU_3.00GHz-with-glibc2.0
Timestamp of tree: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 23:15:04 +0000
distcc 2.18.3 i686-pc-linux-gnu (protocols 1 and 2) (default port 3632) [enabled]
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:     3.2_p33
dev-java/java-config: 1.3.7, 2.1.6-r1
dev-lang/python:     2.4.4-r13, 2.5.2-r7
dev-python/pycrypto: 2.0.1-r6
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r7
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.11.1
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.2.18.1-r2
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.61-r2
sys-devel/automake:  1.4_p6, 1.5, 1.6.3, 1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.1-r1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.0-r4
sys-devel/libtool:   1.5.26
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.23-r3
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="x86"
CBUILD="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
CHOST="i686-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/kde/3.5/env /usr/kde/3.5/share/config /usr/kde/3.5/shutdown /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/splash /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=pentium4 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="buildpkg ccache distcc distlocks getbinpkg parallel-fetch preserve-libs protect-owned sandbox sfperms unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/gentoo"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
MAKEOPTS="-j7"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X acl alsa arts asf berkdb bzip2 cdr cli cracklib crypt cups dri dvd fortran gdbm gpm iconv ipv6 isdnlog jpeg kde midi mp3 mudflap mysql nas ncurses nls nptl nptlonly nvidia opengl openmp pam pcre perl png ppds pppd python qt readline reflection samba server session spl ssl sysfs tcpd unicode v4l win32codecs x86 xorg xvid zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1 emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LIRC_DEVICES="leadtek_pvr2000" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LANG, LC_ALL, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS

I did get a warning before

Code:
* Overlay eclasses override eclasses from PORTDIR:
 *   '/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-base.eclass'
 *   '/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-functions.eclass'
 *   '/usr/portage/local/layman/kde-testing/eclass/kde4-meta.eclass'
 * It is best to avoid overriding eclasses from PORTDIR because it will
 * trigger invalidation of cached ebuild metadata that is distributed with
 * the portage tree. If you must override eclasses from PORTDIR then you
 * are advised to add FEATURES="metadata-transfer" to /etc/make.conf and to
 * run `emerge --regen` after each time that you run `emerge --sync`. Set
 * PORTAGE_ECLASS_WARNING_ENABLE="0" in /etc/make.conf if you would like to
 * disable this warning.

But I don't know what this means and whether it applies to me...

Could someone let me know if I've done something silly or purely just been too eager to try kde 4.1.2 (someone said it was out, but I may have misunderstood)? This is the first time I have adopted a super-new version of KDE so quickly after it's released and it's come back to bite me in the butt :(
fuzzythebear
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: instructions and testing Reply with quote

ok if you can tell me what instructions and where , ill have a look
and emerge 4.1.2 this minute, see if i get the same error. but i havent seen where the instructions
are yet, like usual .. they must be under my nose.
definitely looks odd.

Fuzz
Unclethommy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used some of the points in the first link to get my portage upgraded

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_KDE4

Then I went to the link it gives at the beginning to get the overlay & put the keyword files in right place

http://dev.gentoo.org/~jmbsvicetto/kde4-guide.xml

I didn't use the kdeprefix use flag and still have kde 3.5.9 on my system. I presumed this was okay as the guide only tells you to uninstall the older version after installing 4.*. I hope this is correct?

Just to confirm, I haven't tried to install any other versions of kde 4 so I didn't need to do the removals suggested at the beginning of the second guide.
Unclethommy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I tried to unmerge my 3.5.9 install completely, no joy

Then, I enabled "kdeprefix" use flag, and it doesn't give me the error anymore!

It's happily compiling (for now) 75 packages for kde 4.1.2. I'll be back if it all works :)
Unclethommy
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the kdebase builds ... booted into kde 4.1.2 woohoo. I have to say it looks nicely polished. Typing from firefox running in it now.

Well done gentoo + kde team!

Now I am off to play with it!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: