lensfun and digikam
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
airon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: lensfun and digikam Reply with quote

Hi. I'm using the 0.10 series of digikam. This application has an optional feature based on lensfun (http://lensfun.berlios.de), to correct and change lens distortion. There's no ebuild for lensfun in Gentoo, and obviously no USE to enabling it when compiling digikam. Does anyone know how to provide an ebuild for it?

THX.
durian
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it normally incorporated in digikam? Couldn't you compile the lensfun by hand, and point to it from digikam, or does configure need to find it when compiling digikam? (I know, not the solution you were looking for.)

-peter
airon
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The configure script looks for it. Yes, I can compile it by hand, so I guess that just having the library in /usr/lib will be enough but I haven't tried. Maybe I'll do it later. But well, anyways, it's just a feature that digikam has that is completely ignored by the current ebuilds in gentoo. I can do the instalation and compilation by hand but I have not enough knowledge jut as to create a full ebuild for it and suply an extra USE to use with digikam to enable/disable the inclusion of this feature when emerging digikam.

So, well, I'm sure that I can do it by hand locally, but I'm just looking for someway to make this feature available for everybody interested on having it.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: