View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
d2_racing
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact not, why should I crack my head to install a custom Gentoo box from A to Z, with the emerge -e system, changing the cflags,Use and after that I install a generic kernel like the one we see from Ubuntu or Debian or what ever you want. They are good, but they boot on every single computer on earth.

So I want to built a Gentoo box, so I don't want to have 200 drivers available inside the initrd for my lan card...because I know that I have a e1000 module for exemple and I want to have a fully Gentoo box with all the minimum :

Code:

Module                  Size  Used by
snd_seq_oss            25216  0
snd_seq_midi_event      5760  1 snd_seq_oss
snd_seq                40304  4 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq_midi_event
snd_seq_device          5772  2 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq
snd_pcm_oss            31264  0
snd_mixer_oss          12416  1 snd_pcm_oss
ntfs                   82784  2
nls_iso8859_1           3968  3
nls_cp863               5632  1
vfat                    9216  1
fat                    38688  1 vfat
nls_base                6276  5 ntfs,nls_iso8859_1,nls_cp863,vfat,fat
ecb                     2688  2
fglrx                1729600  29
crypto_blkcipher       14084  1 ecb
iwl3945               148340  0
snd_hda_intel         317844  1
snd_pcm                51204  2 snd_pcm_oss,snd_hda_intel
snd_timer              16648  2 snd_seq,snd_pcm
mac80211              114324  1 iwl3945
snd_page_alloc          7176  2 snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm
snd_hwdep               6276  1 snd_hda_intel
snd                    40868  11 snd_seq_oss,snd_seq,snd_seq_device,snd_pcm_oss,                                                                                                                                                           snd_mixer_oss,snd_hda_intel,snd_pcm,snd_timer,snd_hwdep
cfg80211               20616  2 iwl3945,mac80211

Code:

gentootux boot # du -h /boot/*
0       /boot/boot
44K     /boot/config-2.6.25-gentoo-r6.config
45K     /boot/config-2.6.26-gentoo-r1.config
435K    /boot/grub
2,1M    /boot/kernel-2.6.25-Gentoo-r6
2,1M    /boot/kernel-2.6.26-Gentoo-r1
12K     /boot/lost+found
946K    /boot/System.map

A kernel of 2.1M without any initrd is the Gentoo way for my concern. Gentoo gives the choice to the user, but configuring a kernel is an experience and also a great Gentoo experience.
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, for you. That is your choice, What if someone else wants the choice to build it another way? I'd love there to be more choice with how you build your Gentoo install. You're not talking about choice, you're talking about oppression.
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually let me use your words, but simplified.

"The Gentoo way is my way, which is the right choice, the Gentoo way isn't anyone else's way, it's my way."

You can't say that and this:

"Gentoo is about choice"

While meaning the same thing.

Sorry it doesn't work that way.
SirGrant
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah +1 for firefox 3 not being stable. I mean I just compiled openoffice 3 which was considered stable after what? 5 days about. Firefox 3 has been out for months and we are still using firefox 2. That is just my one issue.

P.S. yes I know I can unmask it but I don't feel like I should have to. Also yes I understand there is only so much time for gentoo developers but it's just kinda like firefox 3 is a killer app not one of those fringe apps where if there is an upgrade no one notices except a few people.
tylerwylie
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SirGrant wrote:
yeah +1 for firefox 3 not being stable. I mean I just compiled openoffice 3 which was considered stable after what? 5 days about. Firefox 3 has been out for months and we are still using firefox 2. That is just my one issue.

P.S. yes I know I can unmask it but I don't feel like I should have to. Also yes I understand there is only so much time for gentoo developers but it's just kinda like firefox 3 is a killer app not one of those fringe apps where if there is an upgrade no one notices except a few people.
Can't you just do a manual install to /opt until then?
verticalrock
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will start by saying that I have been a devoted Gentoo user for about 4 years and that I have been using Linux since kernel version 1 (aaahh yes, good ole Slackware and Yggdrasil). However there are places where Gentoo can improve, IMHO:

1) Bugs
Early in my experience with Gentoo I broke my system a lot but most of that was my own damn fault. That was part of the learning curve and the fact that I like being on the bleeding edge (aka ~arch). But eventually things stabilized out and seemed to run smoothly. When new software showed up in portage, I took my time, was careful and had no real issues. And if a bug showed up, it was fixed in a very speedy manner. Quite frankly it surprised me just how quickly bugs got fixed for an all volunteer distro. Unfortunately of late, it seems that there are several bugzilla issues I am keeping on my radar that are still open or not fixed. What strikes me as odd is that in some of the bugzilla reports there is a patch that has been created and yet it hasn't gotten into portage yet. Sure, I could take that patch out and apply it myself, but that's one of the reasons I use Gentoo as opposed to LFS. Now this issue may be related to the next issue of:

2) In-fighting in the community
Now I am not a proponent of one side's view or the other, but it seems to me as a distant observer that the community has become very polarized and fractured since drobbins left Gentoo, came back and then left again. It seems that people have become very extreme in their views of Gentoo going in this direction or that and refusing to play nice with anyone who disagrees with them. It is very unfortunate because I truly believe that this is the best damn distro out there and it would be a damn shame if it falls apart because of egos or whatever are the driving factors behind these arguments. It is distracting from the business of doing what Gentoo does best: making this distro the most cutting/bleeding edge flavour of Linux and giving the user the power to do whatever they want with it. Unfortunately this issue leads to the next one of:

3) Forums that have degraded in quality
One of the first reasons I chose to use Gentoo was that while searching out issues on the Internet with the other distros I have run, 9 times out of 10 it would seem that I would run across a Gentoo Forum posting with not only the same or similar issue but also a solution. And generally the posting would be weeks if not months before I had encountered the issue in another distro. So I started using Gentoo and was thrilled at the plethora of information in the forums and have rarely had to post questions because without fail, someone had the same issue or question and almost always had a solution. As I mentioned I run ~arch, so I expect some pain, but some of the issues I have experienced of late baffle me in the fact when I do a search of the forums, I find it hard to believe I am the first person to stumble on the issue. The final issue is more of a technical one regarding the forums of:

4) Complete crap search function in Forums
I know it's probably not easy to code but if I am looking for postings on 2.6.27, it drops the periods and I get a search for "2 6 27" and gentoo-sources becomes "gentoosources". I understand it takes time but we really need to bring the search capability of the forums into the 21st century.

Anyhoo, I hope that these are taken as constructive criticism rather than just a rant. I really believe Gentoo to be the best distro out there and I want it to continue going strong because I really don't want to have to use Ubuntu. :D

-c
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

verticalrock,

I think issues #1 and #3 can be explained by the exponentiating size of the Portage tree with a non-exponentiating developer and user base.

(Does anybody have any actual data for Portage size and developer participation over time?)

My guess is that eventually developers are going to have their own git repos for packages they care about and we'll be adding different repos for system, Xorg, GNOME, etc. No more Portage+overlays.
verticalrock
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hypnos,

There is definitely some truth in your points as the Portage tree is continually growing and the number of developers and users aren't growing at nearly the same pace. However, with regards to a least two of the bugs I am tracking they are to core packages (util-linux and portage) and one would think fixing those would take priority over more obscure packages. The same goes for the forums. And yes, I should probably (and will try to) step up more often when I come across issues and get the discussion ball rolling to try to get issues solved as well.

However, I still think that, as a community, we need to rally around the flag, if you will, and refocus on the real prize of keeping Gentoo moving forward and not get bogged down with petty issues.

-c
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent post, verticalrock. I posted a couple of bugs and it seems like they just sit there. I've noticed the in-fighting (most recently in this very thread, with people picking on each other. Posts that would earn a warning from me if I were a mod. Srsly. We aren't here for that). And the forum search function - well, I'm a relative late-comer and the search function here has been crap since I joined. I never use it, instead using Google with the site: keyword to search these forums.

But I am hopeful things will improve. While I went from having Gentoo on 3 computers to 1 laptop (on which it still works great), I will still participate in these forums and try to do more to answer the questions of those seeking help with Gentoo. I'm not a Great Hacker, but I like to do what I can. Gentoo is indeed a very cool distro.

verticalrock wrote:
I will start by saying that I have been a devoted Gentoo user for about 4 years and that I have been using Linux since kernel version 1 (aaahh yes, good ole Slackware and Yggdrasil). However there are places where Gentoo can improve, IMHO:

1) Bugs
Early in my experience with Gentoo I broke my system a lot but most of that was my own damn fault. That was part of the learning curve and the fact that I like being on the bleeding edge (aka ~arch). But eventually things stabilized out and seemed to run smoothly. When new software showed up in portage, I took my time, was careful and had no real issues. And if a bug showed up, it was fixed in a very speedy manner. Quite frankly it surprised me just how quickly bugs got fixed for an all volunteer distro. Unfortunately of late, it seems that there are several bugzilla issues I am keeping on my radar that are still open or not fixed. What strikes me as odd is that in some of the bugzilla reports there is a patch that has been created and yet it hasn't gotten into portage yet. Sure, I could take that patch out and apply it myself, but that's one of the reasons I use Gentoo as opposed to LFS. Now this issue may be related to the next issue of:

2) In-fighting in the community
Now I am not a proponent of one side's view or the other, but it seems to me as a distant observer that the community has become very polarized and fractured since drobbins left Gentoo, came back and then left again. It seems that people have become very extreme in their views of Gentoo going in this direction or that and refusing to play nice with anyone who disagrees with them. It is very unfortunate because I truly believe that this is the best damn distro out there and it would be a damn shame if it falls apart because of egos or whatever are the driving factors behind these arguments. It is distracting from the business of doing what Gentoo does best: making this distro the most cutting/bleeding edge flavour of Linux and giving the user the power to do whatever they want with it. Unfortunately this issue leads to the next one of:

3) Forums that have degraded in quality
One of the first reasons I chose to use Gentoo was that while searching out issues on the Internet with the other distros I have run, 9 times out of 10 it would seem that I would run across a Gentoo Forum posting with not only the same or similar issue but also a solution. And generally the posting would be weeks if not months before I had encountered the issue in another distro. So I started using Gentoo and was thrilled at the plethora of information in the forums and have rarely had to post questions because without fail, someone had the same issue or question and almost always had a solution. As I mentioned I run ~arch, so I expect some pain, but some of the issues I have experienced of late baffle me in the fact when I do a search of the forums, I find it hard to believe I am the first person to stumble on the issue. The final issue is more of a technical one regarding the forums of:

I know it's probably not easy to code but if I am looking for postings on 2.6.27, it drops the periods and I get a search for "2 6 27" and gentoo-sources becomes "gentoosources". I understand it takes time but we really need to bring the search capability of the forums into the 21st century.

Anyhoo, I hope that these are taken as constructive criticism rather than just a rant. I really believe Gentoo to be the best distro out there and I want it to continue going strong because I really don't want to have to use Ubuntu. :D

-c

Discord: https://discord.gg/73XV24dNPN
Inside
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I really don't like about gentoo is waiting for some big package to compile only to get a message like 'neigther useflag xyz nor zyx enabled recompile with either one'. What about simplifying the useflags a bit more? With useflags like kde-desktop, gnome-dektop, console-only and so on. Each enabling a set of flags common for these packages and a desktop system.
tanderson
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside wrote:
What I really don't like about gentoo is waiting for some big package to compile only to get a message like 'neigther useflag xyz nor zyx enabled recompile with either one'. What about simplifying the useflags a bit more? With useflags like kde-desktop, gnome-dektop, console-only and so on. Each enabling a set of flags common for these packages and a desktop system.

Oh, that's fixed already, we just need to wait for portage 2.2* to go stable. Instead of bailing out at that point portage will bail out with the error before you start any compiles(i.e. before you leave to go to bed :wink: )

--The Prisoner
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inside wrote:

I've heard that Paludis will tell you about these things BEFORE starting to compile.
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiodef wrote:
I've heard that Paludis will tell you about these things BEFORE starting to compile.

That depends on ebuilds using EAPI-2, which will happen after Portage 2.2* rolls out. Paludis can't magically know what USE deps there are unless ebuilds specify them :P
dmpogo
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir Link wrote:
The slowness of packages entering the tree is one of the main downsides of Gentoo, in my opinion. Some packages have versions that have been around for ages, but Portage still doesn't have those versions. I suppose it's just the lack of maintainers, but seeing other distros ship much more recent packages is a right eyesore. And while overlays can help, mixing many overlays usually spawns a whole new array of problems.

And no offence to the maintainers, but I'd also like to see some more effort to migrate ebuilds from sunrise into the main tree. And finally, it'd be ace if some packages left hardmask a little sooner (yes, I'm referring to KDE 4).

Still loving Gentoo, though!

Yep, that the one. And it was not like that before. When I came to Gentoo in 2004, as a norm "~" set had the latest version of the package. People were perhaps complaining about delay in marking packages stable, not being late entering the tree :). I used to show off our manager with his set of Fedora boxes by pulling the latest pakcage with emerge, without even checking that it exists

To some extend overlays took that role away from the regular tree (in a confusing manner) and since I never bothered to learn them, Gentoo became for me an always 'a half a year behind distribution', not the cutting edge.
Aquiles
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't like about Gentoo is those packages with many versions available yet all of them masked. For instance, boinc (seven versions out there, yet not a single one not masked).
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aquiles wrote:
What I don't like about Gentoo is those packages with many versions available yet all of them masked. For instance, boinc (seven versions out there, yet not a single one not masked).

This list of bugs could be why.

If you know these bugs aren't relevant anymore, you should help close these bugs.
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll probably take some flack for this, but I'm not trying to judge or pick on anyone. Plus, I know this is ~arch....

I don't think the decision to put KDE4 - even 4.1.2 into ~arch was smart (srsly, no offence). KDE 4 is so broken and wonky it's not even funny - and it's not even worth being on the "bleeding edge". I've gone through some weird shit with it on 2 different machines and I've decided I will never use KDE 4 until I see and hear about it being as functional and stable as KDE 3.5.9 is.

*end of rant* :P
McLink
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

audiodef wrote:
I'll probably take some flack for this, but I'm not trying to judge or pick on anyone. Plus, I know this is ~arch....

I don't think the decision to put KDE4 - even 4.1.2 into ~arch was smart (srsly, no offence). KDE 4 is so broken and wonky it's not even funny - and it's not even worth being on the "bleeding edge". I've gone through some weird shit with it on 2 different machines and I've decided I will never use KDE 4 until I see and hear about it being as functional and stable as KDE 3.5.9 is.

*end of rant* :P
It's quite well doable to have both KDE 3.5.x and 4.1.2 on the same machine simultaneously, although my digiKam problem is pretty much forcing me to nuke 4.1.2 off my box. Aside from that, though, KDE 4.1.2 can be used as a bleeding-edge installation, with KDE 3.5 as the primary one :) .
Yamakuzure
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...there isn't anything I don't like about Gentoo at all.
  • Compiling is needing time, of course, but what the heck that's why I've chosen Gentoo in the first place. So why complain?
  • Searching packages might need some time, I would not know as "eix" is some kind of standard for me.
  • Okay, okay, USE-Flags should be explained better, using "ufed" eases their use but doesn't deliver additional explanations, so I finally found something to complain about...
  • Ah, well, I often thought "Why isn't this/that package not marked stable yet?", too, but found most often that it isn't with good reasons. Mind, my "package.keywords" has 275 lines...
If I seached long and hard enough I certainly would find issues to complain about. And two or three months ago I would have done so. But that changed rapidly after I started work at my current company:

Except 2 machines everything here runs linux/unix, you'll only be able to find MS Windows within virtual machines for testing purposes, and on FileNet-SANS and our Domain Server/FileServer. But I am the only one using gentoo here, everyone elses loves their debian systems. I hate debian. It is unorganized, clumsy, chaotic and damn slow. I am far too used to the plethora of nice benefits I receive from using Gentoo. A workable Bash for instance. But try to work with apt-cache/apt-get and you'll see.
However, one of my tasks was to set up a new vmware-server machine (to be used via vmware-server-console by the whole company). Prior to that I had to backup a NTFS-Partition (It was a filesever with a domain controller beforehand) onto tape (DELL Power Vault). As it was not possible to convince Win2000 to speak to the tape, Knoppix didn't even have an adaptec kernel module, slackware is out of question and debian was a no go, I inserted a minimal gentoo boot disc, installed a very basic gentoo an tar'ed the whole partition onto the tape with an unpreceeded ease. *yes*!
As you all know you have to compile a kernel yourself. As I knew I would have to install debian later, I didn't want to fiddle with the .config myself and used (for the first and only time in my life) GenKernel. GernKernel activates everything that can't be compiled as a module, and compiles everything else as a module. So it needs more time to finish than a carefully configured custom kernel. In fact on this AMD64-Gentoo system it took 37 Minutes.
I am telling you this because of the reason I *love* Source-Distros. To get VMWare-Modules to compile, I created a custom kernel on debian later. It *was* manually configured, but I only threw out modules and selections I was absolutely sure are not needed.

...Compilation took 78 Minutes.

...On the very same machine...

...just because binary packages are all optimized for x86 thus working everywhere...

If you ever doubt again a source distro compiling everything onto your hardware, or ever doubt that -march=whatever does anything beneficial for you, read that post again.

Just my 2 (euro)cents
dattaway
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I don't like about Gentoo is the lack of a ready made bootable installer image on a USB key. Cdroms are going the way of the floppy. Sometimes I find myself in a location with just net access, a USB port, and a USB key to boot from. If the mirrors had an image ready, it would be satisfying and quick like a soft drink out of a vending machine.

There's one other thing I don't like about Gentoo. No Gentoo Magazine. I'm at work 70 hours a week and often don't have access to a computer. But I like to read. Having a dead tree version of hard core Gentoo propaganda would be great. I've seen other Linux magazines dry up over the years, so I don't know if this dream can ever happen. I know it takes a lot of work and money to publish.
tanderson
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamakuzure wrote:
...there isn't anything I don't like about Gentoo at all.
  • Compiling is needing time, of course, but what the heck that's why I've chosen Gentoo in the first place. So why complain?
  • Searching packages might need some time, I would not know as "eix" is some kind of standard for me.
  • Okay, okay, USE-Flags should be explained better, using "ufed" eases their use but doesn't deliver additional explanations, so I finally found something to complain about...
  • Ah, well, I often thought "Why isn't this/that package not marked stable yet?", too, but found most often that it isn't with good reasons. Mind, my "package.keywords" has 275 lines...
If I seached long and hard enough I certainly would find issues to complain about. And two or three months ago I would have done so. But that changed rapidly after I started work at my current company:

You can contribute back by finding which of those packages can go stable(30 days in tree, no open bugs) and filing bugs asking for those to be stabilized. We always appreciate that.

--The Prisoner
Stupendoussteve
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lack of most any binaries. I don't like waiting for have a basic system up. I personally like to install xorg and gnome, most things I would like from a binary and then go about rebuilding them and customizing. I understand this is not the "Gentoo way" but it would be nice if at least the packages cd existed again for major arches. It is nice to be able to use the system for more than the console while building things.

Lack of a pxeinstall image. It would be nice if there was a basic system that could be brought up with pxe, or even pxe with nfs if required, and then install from there. Many other distros provide a netboot environment to put on a tftp server, and I have had to install Gentoo from within the netboot Debian-installer multiple times. I know it is possible to configure this with Gentoo, and there are guides to do so, but it would be nice to just download and extract a tar.gz that gets you the same thing.
pa4wdh
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Lack of a pxeinstall image. It would be nice if there was a basic system that could be brought up with pxe, or even pxe with nfs if required, and then install from there. Many other distros provide a netboot environment to put on a tftp server, and I have had to install Gentoo from within the netboot Debian-installer multiple times. I know it is possible to configure this with Gentoo, and there are guides to do so, but it would be nice to just download and extract a tar.gz that gets you the same thing.

+1 for this. I have a machine which can only boot from an internal HD or PXE, and getting this thing actually booting so i could install Gentoo was kind of difficult. I ended up creating a 8 MB ramdisk image with the tools i needed. (But because i knew that i prepared it, but i guess not everybody will be able to do this).

But for the rest ... i'm just in love with Gentoo :-)

My shared code repository: https://code.pa4wdh.nl.eu.org
Music, Free as in Freedom: https://www.jamendo.com
drescherjm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. Large packages like OpenOffice are already offered in binary format; not a big time-saver with smaller packages on a reasonably new machine. Also, if you deviate from the USE flags used for binary distribution, you'll have to build from source anyway.

Bing that I maintain binary packages for my network (of several dozen gentoo boxes mostly amd64) at work, I wish binary support was improved to somehow support use flags affected possibly by creating a hash code as part of the filename of the generated binary. The hash code would take into account use flags, gcc version and possibly glibc version.

Quote:
I don't think the decision to put KDE4 - even 4.1.2 into ~arch was smart (srsly, no offence). KDE 4 is so broken and wonky it's not even funny

To me 4.1.2 and the 4.0.X versions that hit portage were significantly more broken than the snapshot ebuilds in the kdesvn-portage overlay. This overlay has been discontinued and a new kde-crazy one has been put in its place.

Quote:
-stupid mirrors. Downloading a packet from a freaking slow danish server... and the next. And the one after that - while downloading it via ncftp from any other server is 10x as fast.

For me the annoying part is that sometimes the first mirror in my mirror list becomes unavailable and gentoo wastes gobs of time trying that for every package. I wish it would detect the problem and move that mirror to the end of the list or something like that.

Quote:

Agreed. I am sometimes forced to google search the forums because of this.

My gentoo overlay
Instructons for overlay
audiodef
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG! Hours and hours compiling OpenOffice (downgrading from the buggy 3.0 version) and then it tells me it can't complete due to file collisions. Unmerged, figuring that'd solve the problem and ran it again, but NO. Collisions. Just deleted the effin' /usr/lib/openoffice dir.

Really need to get on the ball, folks, so that users are warned BEFOREHAND whether something WILL fail.

Really hate that about Portravage.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: