Powerbook G4 DVI owners please respond
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aidas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 7:00 pm    Post subject: Powerbook G4 DVI owners please respond Reply with quote

Hi there,

I would like to run Gentoo with DRI enabled unfortunately I have some problems. Could someone with Powerbook G4 (Mobility Radeon 7500,800MHz) and DRI enabled tell me which version of XFree86 and DRI they're using?

Thanks
SonetSST
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: DRI & Powerbook Reply with quote

shouldn't be much trouble at all... here i swhat i did:
compiled system and the kernel. when i did the kernel i compiled agpgart as a module & added xfree-drm support THOUGH I DID NOT ADD THE RADEON DRIVER under xfree-drm. You'll see why later.

I then went straight to "emerge xfree" after that i emerged & ran Xeasyconf(when it asks you for the graphics card hit auto). lastly run "emerge xfree-drm" this is an updated opensource 3d module which supports the radeons...

just remember to emerge xfree-drm after you recompile the kernel, as it is a kernel module, and therefore must be specific to the versioon used.
aidinskas
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I guess something was wrong with my dri version of radeon driver. I was alwats getting strange artifacts on the screen with dri enabled. :)

Thanks!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: