View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NathanZachary

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hypnos,

For now, I just disabled ipv6 support in my USE flags, and did an emerge -avuDN system && emerge -avuDN world. Everything seems to be running perfectly now. :)
huckabuck
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing alot of slowness also with firefox-2.0.0.17 compiled. When you say you say you disabled ipv6 use flag, did you set USE to -ipv6 , or just remove ipv6 from the make.conf USE variable altogether ? ... after you ran the emerge -avuDN system && emerge -avuDN world, did anything break ? when i run emerge -vpuDN world, 32 packages have to be recompiled. Is it safe to say that ipv6 doesn't need to be compiled as a USE flag at all ? i have the ipv6 modules built in , in my kernel in the networking functionality section, will i need to recompile my kernel also and remove ipv6 ? I have no web servers set up, but i do use transmission for alot of torrenting , and do a fairly large amount of ftping also. In my firefox i only have 2 addons from the firefox site, fireftp and the gnome theme.
NathanZachary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, I don't personally have any need for ipv6 at all. Therefore, it was best for me to just add -ipv6 to my USE flags in /etc/make.conf and do an emerge -av system && emerge -av world. Based on what you posted, it doesn't seem like you really need support for ipv6 either.
huckabuck
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok changed USE and have -ipv6 now, and removed all ipv6 from the kernel ... and recompiled firefox with moznopango ... and have a much quicker firefox now, thank you for the tips.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: