View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peter4
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:13 pm    Post subject: QT4 color scheme, KDE4 splash screen Reply with quote

I have two questions about KDE4/QT4. I've been using Kubuntu for some time and there were two 'features' i can't seem to get in gentoo:

1) QT4 windows, even when using oxygen style, are brighter than KDE windows and don't blend nicely with the window title bar: http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7769/qtid0.png
It didn't happen in kubuntu. It's a problem with my configuration, because it doesn't happen on a clean account. I've been trying to find a place where QT keeps it's configuration, with no success.

2) In kubuntu the KDE loading splash screen would fade out very nicely to reveal the desktop. In gentoo it simply disappears. This, in turn, happens even on a clean account, so it looks like a gentoo problem.

Thanks in advance for any help with this ;)
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: QT4 color scheme, KDE4 splash screen Reply with quote

peter4 wrote:

2) In kubuntu the KDE loading splash screen would fade out very nicely to reveal the desktop. In gentoo it simply disappears. This, in turn, happens even on a clean account, so it looks like a gentoo problem.

Thanks in advance for any help with this ;)

This might have to do with having or not enabled the desktop effects. So, maybe the problem is that either you don't have them enabled by default in kde. Another problem could be that you didn't setup your X server to use compositing. In the latest versions it's enabled by default when possible, so, probably if it isn't it might be because the drivers that you are using doesn't support it.

About the colors I have no idea. The whole qt3 vs. 4 and kde 3 vs. 4 configuration is a whole mess when it comes to these things and I am too lazy to bother about these little things.
peter4
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the desktop effects enabled and running correctly, with the corresponding "login" plugin loaded.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: