convert lotus notes archive to unix mailbox
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCMN
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:44 pm    Post subject: convert lotus notes archive to unix mailbox Reply with quote

i'm looking for a prog to convert lotus notes archive(.nsf) to unix mailbox or to a format i can import in thunderbird

thx
Ian Goldby
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a Difficult Problem.

We had to tackle something similar at work, except we were only trying to get the emails saved as plain text files, along with their attachments, if any. In the end, we paid an external contractor to write a Notes Agent that would go through email folders and export them to disk as individual text files. It never worked all that well, but it was better than doing it all by hand one message at a time. Unfortuantely I can't share the agent with you. However, I think writing an agent is the best way forwards with this.

Once you have the messages as text files, it shouldn't be too hard to munge them into maildir format. Of course, since Notes doesn't save any internet headers you won't be able to include the proper headers, but you could probably fake something.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: