Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Installed KDE4 only to find it looks broken and slow. Help!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lum
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:59 am    Post subject: Installed KDE4 only to find it looks broken and slow. Help! Reply with quote

Installed 4.1.3 from portage, and this is what I get when I try to use it:

[img]http://www.lum.co.uk/temp/wtfkde4.png[/img]

In addition to that, it's changed my DPI settings such that a font that used to be size 11 now needs to be size 13 in order to display correctly, I'm also finding it much slower to respond and to plot windows than 3.5.10 was.

Only possible cause I can think of is that I'm using a forwarded X connection (NX client for Windows) and maybe it's trying to do compositing still, I tried disabling that and it's helped a bit, but still when a window title changes it doesn't removed the old text before writing the new text over the top of it, and for some reason now the icons and titlebar buttons have a solid grey background when I assume it's meant to be transparent.

Any idea how to fix this before I just mask off the entire KDE4 branch and stick with 3.5.10?
widremann
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to use it locally instead of over a remote connection? Verify that you still have the bugs then.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: