Annoying Amarok
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Annoying Amarok Reply with quote

Hi there...
Well, I've been trying to use a program to manage my album collection, 'cause lately it became really big... Well, I'm trying Amarok. It has some very nice features, I can edit the ID3 tags on fly, it can organize my files in a direcory tree to me, and get their cover... etc.

But unfortunelly, there are some small problems that really annoy me. One of them is that the lyrics plugin that comes with Amarok seems to be bugged here... if you click "Edit", it don't quit the "Edit mode" anymore, no matter what you do. The only way (as long as I know) is to close Amarok.

Second thing is that I cannot clean the statistic, or disable the statistic. Sometimes my friends come here and listen some nasty and disgusting things, I don't want that recorded as if I LISTENED that :lol: I would like to be able to "turn off" statistic for some time...

The last and most annoying thing to me is that Amarok gets the songs and never forget them again!!! Sometimes I don't want that song recorded, its just a "garbage song", but it stays there, with "unknow" artist, "unknow" title and "unkown" everything. It should be possible to delete them from my "collection" (mainly 'cause I want register only albums, not every stupid music that appears in my machine).

Well, my purpose here is to know if there is a way to fix at least one of these things listed above, or if there is another software that can handle that.

Thanks in advance
poly_poly-man
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Annoying Amarok Reply with quote

First of all, you're uing 1.4.x, right?
Holysword wrote:
But unfortunelly, there are some small problems that really annoy me. One of them is that the lyrics plugin that comes with Amarok seems to be bugged here... if you click "Edit", it don't quit the "Edit mode" anymore, no matter what you do. The only way (as long as I know) is to close Amarok.
hit the edit button again doesn't work?
Quote:

Second thing is that I cannot clean the statistic, or disable the statistic. Sometimes my friends come here and listen some nasty and disgusting things, I don't want that recorded as if I LISTENED that :lol: I would like to be able to "turn off" statistic for some time...
you can't get rid of how many times you've played a track/album (AFAIK - someone else may know), but to turn off scores is a checkbox in configuration->general.
Quote:

The last and most annoying thing to me is that Amarok gets the songs and never forget them again!!! Sometimes I don't want that song recorded, its just a "garbage song", but it stays there, with "unknow" artist, "unknow" title and "unkown" everything. It should be possible to delete them from my "collection" (mainly 'cause I want register only albums, not every stupid music that appears in my machine).

I keep a ~/music folder for all of my music (in subfolders by artist/album)... and only set the collection manager to use that. Then, if you want to just play something without putting it in your collection, (use kaffeine, but) just send it to amarok, it'll drop into your playlist, and you can just remove it from your playlist.

Note you can select multiple folders as your collection... it's just more complicated to update that way. You can also (I'm pretty sure) add files individually into your collection (or take them out)

avatar: new version of logo - see topic 838248. Potentially still a WiP.
kineticbeing
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Annoying Amarok Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
Hi there...
Well, I've been trying to use a program to manage my album collection, 'cause lately it became really big... Well, I'm trying Amarok. It has some very nice features, I can edit the ID3 tags on fly, it can organize my files in a direcory tree to me, and get their cover... etc.

Well, my purpose here is to know if there is a way to fix at least one of these things listed above, or if there is another software that can handle that.

Thanks in advance

If you are talking about LastFM statistics, you can go to Settings->Configure Amarok->LastFM and uncheck "Improve my profile by submitting the tracks I play"

To delete songs in Amarok, just right click on them go to Manage Files->Delete. From there you can choose to either send them to the trash or to delete them altogether.

I get the same bug about the lyric editing, I don't know what to do about that. Also when I submit new lyrics they never show up...
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poly_poly-man wrote:

Nops :(

kineticbeing wrote:
To delete songs in Amarok, just right click on them go to Manage Files->Delete. From there you can choose to either send them to the trash or to delete them altogether.

But then you are deleting songs from your hardriver too :S
I want to delete them from Amarok only. In other words, I don't want it in any playlist, I don't want nay classification of it, I don't want it to appear under any artist, album, genre or anything like that. But Amarok ALWAYS put the songs somewhere, no matter if it is not in any playlist =S
poly_poly-man
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holysword wrote:
poly_poly-man wrote:

Nops :(

kineticbeing wrote:

But then you are deleting songs from your hardriver too :S
I want to delete them from Amarok only. In other words, I don't want it in any playlist, I don't want nay classification of it, I don't want it to appear under any artist, album, genre or anything like that. But Amarok ALWAYS put the songs somewhere, no matter if it is not in any playlist =S
take it out of your collection, then... what folders is it set to search?

avatar: new version of logo - see topic 838248. Potentially still a WiP.
kineticbeing
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then right click and use "Remove from Playlist" and it will be removed from your playlist. I believe that there is also an option to blacklist a track so that it doesn't show up in an of the dynamic playlists. Again, I think it is in the right click menu.
Holysword
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poly_poly-man wrote:
take it out of your collection, then... what folders is it set to search?

Well, I have a folder "Musics" with all my music (duh). Now I will have to have 2 music folder, "Music" and "non-Amarok_Music". Well, it sounds like the only way, but we must admit that its very ugly.

kineticbeing wrote:
Then right click and use "Remove from Playlist" and it will be removed from your playlist. I believe that there is also an option to blacklist a track so that it doesn't show up in an of the dynamic playlists. Again, I think it is in the right click menu.

Yes, there is this option. But it takes the song out of playlist, not out of the collection.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: