No sound in netscape-flash; running a flash site breaks alsa
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feminista
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: No sound in netscape-flash; running a flash site breaks alsa Reply with quote

There are a few topics with related issues, but no solutions that seemed relevant, and my issue is slightly different.

All my normal alsa audio works fine, mplayer-plugin works, quodlibet works, etc. My flash sound used to work, but I had to run firefox through aoss, so it always interrupted my alsa, but only temporarily. At some point nspluginwrapper improved to the point where it was working normally, but then I didn't use my system for a while, and now I'm making big upgrades, and something broke along the way.

Currently I have no sound output whatsoever from flash, and if I run a flash webpage anyway, I have to restart alsa to get my sound working again.

I'm on amd64, using Firefox 3.0.6, alsa-lib 1.0.17a, netscape-flash-10.0.15.3, and nspluginwrapper-1.0.0, with in-kernel alsa. Everything's been remerged multiple times.
Ender305
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't use the nspluginwrapper anymore, there's a 64bit flash plugin now availale.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: