Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
How do I customize xfce-terminal startup?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sl70
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:17 pm    Post subject: How do I customize xfce-terminal startup? Reply with quote

After running WindowMaker for 10 years or so, I'm trying out xfce. I'd like to have a terminal window start up automatically each time I log in, with two tabs: one with a local shell, and one running ssh connecting to a remote machine.

Anyone know how to do this?

TIA.
defenderBG
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is the xfce4-autostart-editor which manages the autostart, yet the rest depends on the terminal that you want to use.
try making a bash script, which makes all the needed operation, chmod +x the script and put it in the autostart.
sl70
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

defender: Thanks. I was thinking of doing something like this, but I can't figure out how to get Terminal to start up with two tabs, and to run ssh in one of the tabs.
nordic bro
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't used it in ages so don't have any cfg I can paste but iirc when I used gnome and gnome-term I opened 2 tabs in the term (one for user, one for logged in root), enabled 'auto save session on exit', exited the session, logged back in and turned auto save session off (everything else I wanted in the session I put in a script to autostart so my "base" was just the 2-tab terminal).

I'm not 100% this is how I did it but am 100% that when starting gnome my gnome-term had the ordinary user tab open plus the root tab prompting for pw. hth
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: