stepmania 4.0
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
weaksauce
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: stepmania 4.0 Reply with quote

Does anyone use it? I used to use it, version 20080103 seems to be the latest build, I just downloaded the file from stepmania's website way back when. Well, I just fired it up again and it's quite laggy. I tried fiddling with graphics settings in stepmania, but it didn't make a difference. When I told it to display my performance, it said I was getting 400FPS, but it was quite jerky and I KNOW it didn't use to do that.

I'm using Nvidia-drivers 180.22, but I even tried it with 177.82 just to be sure, and no luck.

I also can't get the stepmania live cvs to compile, but I don't care as much about that as I do having some 4.0 version working (widescreen support and easier to read colors). Anyone else have this issue or know what's going on with development by anyone over at stepmania?
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was kinda wondering what's going on myself. stepmania 4 had some nice options i've been waiting for for quite a while now, but somehow the bugger would keep crashing on me halfway through a session so i got annoyed and went back to the latest 3.x. using nvidia-drivers 177.82 if that helps you any.

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
weaksauce
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, when I tried it yesterday it worked just fine. I'm on 180.22 nvidia drivers still, and I've been on 2.6.28 the whole time. I really don't know what I could've done in the meantime to fix anything. Is anyone using current cvs / have any hints to get it to compile? Is current cvs even much different than the Jan. 2008 snapshot I'm using?

@mdeininger, what version are you using, I hadn't (previously) had too many issues with 20080103, occasional crashes, but not too many. I was just hoping the latest cvs might fix some of this. I mean, how long does it go before crashing anyway?
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

weaksauce wrote:
@mdeininger, what version are you using, I hadn't (previously) had too many issues with 20080103, occasional crashes, but not too many. I was just hoping the latest cvs might fix some of this. I mean, how long does it go before crashing anyway?
i remember it started crashing right when the first arrow should have appeared on-screen for most songs (i kind of memorised most tracks' medium steps by now). usually on the second or third song in a row in all game modes... kinda made it useless heh. i suppose if you're not getting that problem yourself, you're alright ;).

i tried the same version btw, maybe your newer kernel fixed things that i had issues with? i dunno...

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: