Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all desktop effects disabled(opengl) since qt-4.5.1 update
activating results in errormessage ("settings do not allow to enable...")
any ideas ?
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ssmaxss

Right

There will be high activity on kde bugzilla again :)

Hopefully more bugs will be solved on kde-4.2.3

Qt wise, 4.5.1 solves at about 200 issues :)

@drizzt

Effects work here. You might need to restart your kde session if you havent. I remember I had that error message in the past. It doesnt seem qt related to me
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hwoarang wrote:
Qt wise, 4.5.1 solves at about 200 issues :)

I suppose users of 4.5.9999 are already up to date concerning those issues? ;)
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as you dont use the 'qt-copy' use flag, I would say 'Hell Yeah' :)
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell Yeah! ;)
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the effects do work, but only in XRender mode (damn slow)
If I try to switch to opengl kde says it can't activate it.
Reboot done already.
Any other ideas ?

UPDATE: SOLVED
I don't know why but
Code:

eselect opengl set xorg-x11
eselect opengl set ati

fixed the problem
cruzki123
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hwoarang wrote:
As long as you dont use the 'qt-copy' use flag, I would say 'Hell Yeah' :)

I don't understand this, If you put the useflag qt-copy you use the patch from kde developers but then you cannot have the fixes from qt-4.5.1? O.o
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me get this straight

qt-copy is 'not' a live package

Qt-copy now uses the Qt-4.5.1 source code and kde developers apply patches on it.

So at this moment , qt-copy is a combination of Qt-4.5.1 + kde patches

On the other hand, if you dont use qt-copy use flag, then you use the clean Qt-4.5 branch from nokias git repository.
cruzki123
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hwoarang wrote:
Let me get this straight

Qt-copy now uses the Qt-4.5.1 source code and kde developers apply patches on it.

On the other hand, if you dont use qt-copy use flag, then you use the clean Qt-4.5 branch from nokias git repository.

Thank, it is claer as water now!!!!
shaumux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hwoarang wrote:
Let me get this straight

Then why not have an ebuild with the regular name instead of one that sounds like its a live build
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaumux wrote:
Hwoarang wrote:
Let me get this straight

Then why not have an ebuild with the regular name instead of one that sounds like its a live build

Well the base code is the same ( that is qt-4.5.1 ) but the kde developers add patches every now and then. So... :)
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had nothing but problems with Qt-4.5.1 on KDE svn. So I'm going to wait awhile before I update it to 4.5.1
kernelOfTruth
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComaWhite wrote:
I've had nothing but problems with Qt-4.5.1 on KDE svn. So I'm going to wait awhile before I update it to 4.5.1

what problems exactly ?

empty windows like

* clicking on the kde-button menu and only the borders/edges of that menu appear ?
* when launching krunner only the borders of it are shown ?

Hardcore Gentoo Linux user since 2004 :D
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ComaWhite wrote:

Even with the Svg fix ?
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it would lockup had to hard reboot. Or when I first went n (after fix). It would freeze then crash every app, rebooted went back in and it plasma-desktop would crash each time and log me out automatically. Created a tmp user and went in and plasma-desktop never showed up. I tried to Alt+F2 and it worked and tried to start plasma-desktop and that would work because stupid global shortcuts got in the way (hates) and had no control.
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why I havent experienced any bad situations yet with qt-4.5.1 :\
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no fucking clue =\ I guess god just hates me
Hwoarang
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this is it :)
So , I guess qt-4.5.1 works like a charm :)
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blah I tried writing the Qyoto ebuild just for fun and it's broke or I dun know what I'm doing wrong
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The arora ebuild has been failing for me for a long time, I am not sure but around 1-2 months. I didn't report before because, well, it's git. This is the relevant output:

Code:

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -msse3 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_UITOOLS -DGITVERSION="\"3389cae\"" -DGITCHANGENUMBER="\"858\"" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/arora\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../../src -I../../src/cookiejar -I../../src/cookiejar/networkcookiejar -I../../src/history -I../../src/locationbar -I../../src/networkmonitor -I../../src/qwebplugins -I../../src/qwebplugins/clicktoflash -I../../src/utils -I../../src/.moc -I../../src/.ui -o ../../src/.obj/moc_singleapplication.o ../../src/.moc/moc_singleapplication.cpp
.obj/moc_singleapplication.o: file not recognized: File truncated
collect2: ld devolvió el estado de salida 1
make[1]: *** [../arora] Error 1
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/work/arora-9999/src'
make: *** [sub-src-make_default] Error 2
cd cacheinfo/ && make -f Makefile
make: *** Se espera a que terminen otras tareas....
make[2]: se ingresa al directorio `/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/work/arora-9999/tools/cacheinfo'
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -msse3 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I.moc -I/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/work/arora-9999/tools/cacheinfo/.ui -o .obj/main.o main.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -msse3 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_UITOOLS -DGITVERSION="\"3389cae\"" -DGITCHANGENUMBER="\"858\"" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/arora\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../../src -I../../src/cookiejar -I../../src/cookiejar/networkcookiejar -I../../src/history -I../../src/locationbar -I../../src/networkmonitor -I../../src/qwebplugins -I../../src/qwebplugins/clicktoflash -I../../src/utils -I../../src/.moc -I../../src/.ui -o ../../src/.obj/moc_squeezelabel.o ../../src/.moc/moc_squeezelabel.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -msse3 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_UITOOLS -DGITVERSION="\"3389cae\"" -DGITCHANGENUMBER="\"858\"" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/arora\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../../src -I../../src/cookiejar -I../../src/cookiejar/networkcookiejar -I../../src/history -I../../src/locationbar -I../../src/networkmonitor -I../../src/qwebplugins -I../../src/qwebplugins/clicktoflash -I../../src/utils -I../../src/.moc -I../../src/.ui -o ../../src/.obj/qrc_clicktoflash.o ../../src/.rcc/qrc_clicktoflash.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -msse3 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_UITOOLS -DGITVERSION="\"3389cae\"" -DGITCHANGENUMBER="\"858\"" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/arora\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../../src -I../../src/cookiejar -I../../src/cookiejar/networkcookiejar -I../../src/history -I../../src/locationbar -I../../src/networkmonitor -I../../src/qwebplugins -I../../src/qwebplugins/clicktoflash -I../../src/utils -I../../src/.moc -I../../src/.ui -o ../../src/.obj/qrc_data.o ../../src/.rcc/qrc_data.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -c -pipe -O2 -march=athlon64 -pipe -msse3 -Wall -W -D_REENTRANT -DQT_NO_UITOOLS -DGITVERSION="\"3389cae\"" -DGITCHANGENUMBER="\"858\"" -DDATADIR=\"/usr/share\" -DPKGDATADIR=\"/usr/share/arora\" -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WEBKIT_LIB -DQT_SQL_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSql -I/usr/include/qt4/QtWebKit -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -I../../src -I../../src/cookiejar -I../../src/cookiejar/networkcookiejar -I../../src/history -I../../src/locationbar -I../../src/networkmonitor -I../../src/qwebplugins -I../../src/qwebplugins/clicktoflash -I../../src/utils -I../../src/.moc -I../../src/.ui -o ../../src/.obj/qrc_htmls.o ../../src/.rcc/qrc_htmls.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wl,-O1 -o arora-placesimport ../../src/.obj/main_placesimport.o ../../src/.obj/aboutdialog.o ../../src/.obj/acceptlanguagedialog.o ../../src/.obj/bookmarks.o ../../src/.obj/browserapplication.o ../../src/.obj/browsermainwindow.o ../../src/.obj/clearprivatedata.o ../../src/.obj/clearbutton.o ../../src/.obj/downloadmanager.o ../../src/.obj/languagemanager.o ../../src/.obj/modelmenu.o ../../src/.obj/networkaccessmanager.o ../../src/.obj/plaintexteditsearch.o ../../src/.obj/searchbar.o ../../src/.obj/searchbutton.o ../../src/.obj/searchlineedit.o ../../src/.obj/settings.o ../../src/.obj/sourcehighlighter.o ../../src/.obj/sourceviewer.o ../../src/.obj/tabbar.o ../../src/.obj/tabwidget.o ../../src/.obj/toolbarsearch.o ../../src/.obj/webactionmapper.o ../../src/.obj/webpage.o ../../src/.obj/webview.o ../../src/.obj/webviewsearch.o ../../src/.obj/xbel.o ../../src/.obj/cookiedialog.o ../../src/.obj/cookieexceptionsmodel.o ../../src/.obj/cookiemodel.o ../../src/.obj/cookieexceptionsdialog.o ../../src/.obj/cookiejar.o ../../src/.obj/networkcookiejar.o ../../src/.obj/history.o ../../src/.obj/historymanager.o ../../src/.obj/locationbar.o ../../src/.obj/locationbarsiteicon.o ../../src/.obj/privacyindicator.o ../../src/.obj/networkmonitor.o ../../src/.obj/arorawebplugin.o ../../src/.obj/webpluginfactory.o ../../src/.obj/clicktoflash.o ../../src/.obj/clicktoflashplugin.o ../../src/.obj/autosaver.o ../../src/.obj/editlistview.o ../../src/.obj/edittableview.o ../../src/.obj/edittreeview.o ../../src/.obj/googlesuggest.o ../../src/.obj/lineedit.o ../../src/.obj/singleapplication.o ../../src/.obj/squeezelabel.o ../../src/.obj/moc_aboutdialog.o ../../src/.obj/moc_acceptlanguagedialog.o ../../src/.obj/moc_bookmarks.o ../../src/.obj/moc_browserapplication.o ../../src/.obj/moc_browsermainwindow.o ../../src/.obj/moc_clearprivatedata.o ../../src/.obj/moc_clearbutton.o ../../src/.obj/moc_downloadmanager.o ../../src/.obj/moc_languagemanager.o ../../src/.obj/moc_modelmenu.o ../../src/.obj/moc_networkaccessmanager.o ../../src/.obj/moc_plaintexteditsearch.o ../../src/.obj/moc_searchbar.o ../../src/.obj/moc_searchbutton.o ../../src/.obj/moc_searchlineedit.o ../../src/.obj/moc_settings.o ../../src/.obj/moc_sourcehighlighter.o ../../src/.obj/moc_sourceviewer.o ../../src/.obj/moc_tabbar.o ../../src/.obj/moc_tabwidget.o ../../src/.obj/moc_toolbarsearch.o ../../src/.obj/moc_webactionmapper.o ../../src/.obj/moc_webpage.o ../../src/.obj/moc_webview.o ../../src/.obj/moc_webviewsearch.o ../../src/.obj/moc_cookiedialog.o ../../src/.obj/moc_cookieexceptionsdialog.o ../../src/.obj/moc_cookieexceptionsmodel.o ../../src/.obj/moc_cookiejar.o ../../src/.obj/moc_cookiemodel.o ../../src/.obj/moc_networkcookiejar.o ../../src/.obj/moc_history.o ../../src/.obj/moc_historymanager.o ../../src/.obj/moc_locationbar.o ../../src/.obj/moc_locationbarsiteicon.o ../../src/.obj/moc_privacyindicator.o ../../src/.obj/moc_networkmonitor.o ../../src/.obj/moc_webpluginfactory.o ../../src/.obj/moc_clicktoflash.o ../../src/.obj/moc_autosaver.o ../../src/.obj/moc_editlistview.o ../../src/.obj/moc_edittableview.o ../../src/.obj/moc_edittreeview.o ../../src/.obj/moc_googlesuggest.o ../../src/.obj/moc_lineedit.o ../../src/.obj/moc_lineedit_p.o ../../src/.obj/moc_proxystyle.o ../../src/.obj/moc_singleapplication.o ../../src/.obj/moc_squeezelabel.o ../../src/.obj/qrc_clicktoflash.o ../../src/.obj/qrc_data.o ../../src/.obj/qrc_htmls.o    -L/usr/lib64/qt4 -lQtWebKit -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib64/qt4 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -pthread -lQtSql -pthread -pthread -lQtGui -pthread -lpng -lfreetype -lgobject-2.0 -lSM -lICE -pthread -pthread -lXrender -lXrandr -lXinerama -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lQtNetwork -pthread -pthread -lQtCore -lz -lm -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0 -ldl -lpthread
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/work/arora-9999/tools/placesimport'
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -Wl,-O1 -o arora-cacheinfo .obj/main.o    -L/usr/lib64/qt4 -lQtGui -L/usr/lib64 -L/usr/lib64/qt4 -L/usr/X11R6/lib -pthread -lpng -lfreetype -lgobject-2.0 -lSM -lICE -pthread -pthread -lXrender -lXrandr -lXinerama -lfontconfig -lXext -lX11 -lQtNetwork -pthread -pthread -lQtCore -lz -lm -pthread -lgthread-2.0 -lrt -lglib-2.0 -ldl -lpthread
make[2]: se sale del directorio `/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/work/arora-9999/tools/cacheinfo'
make[1]: se sale del directorio `/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/work/arora-9999/tools'
 * ERROR: www-client/arora-9999 failed.
 * Call stack:
 *               ebuild.sh, line   49:  Called src_compile
 *             environment, line 2638:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *       emake || die "emake failed";
 *  The die message:
 *   emake failed
 * If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.
 * A complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/www-client/arora-9999/temp/environment'.
 * This ebuild used the following eclasses from overlays:
 *   /var/portage/local/layman/qting-edge/eclass/qt4-edge.eclass
 * This ebuild is from a repository named 'qting-edge'

ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arora-9999 compiles fine for me using Qt-Copy(4.5.1), GCC-4.4.0
yngwin
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:

That's a very curious error. You're not using ccache, are you?
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yngwin wrote:
Code:

That's a very curious error. You're not using ccache, are you?

Never used it, so it's very unlikely that the problem has something to do with that.

It compiles ok manually. I have no idea where the error is, I've tried changing the eclass to qt4 instead of the ones of the overlay, I've tried using plain qmake instead, but it fails always with the ebuild (only). However, I have no problem building it in my $HOME.

It must be something trivial that I am missing. And... no one else seems to have this problem. But my setup is pretty typical, nothing esoteric.
goffrie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i92guboj wrote:
Code:

You probably need to set your MAKEOPTS to "-j1". It looks like moc_singleapplication.o is being created while it is being used.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it works that way.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: