Problem with installing from Minimal CD/Install CD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buziaczek
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:05 am    Post subject: Problem with installing from Minimal CD/Install CD Reply with quote

Helllo everyone. I will install Linux Gentoo 2008.0 AMD64 from a Minimal CD/Install CD, but I have some problem. I downloaded the correct ISO image and burned it on a CD and everything is going fine. The problem is my ADSL modem, because I have Speedtouch 330 USB modem, but the system dosen't automatically install the needed drivers, so I do it manually. To install Gentoo system from Minimal CD/Install CD I need the internet connection so I decided to create a new bootalble CD disc with the needed files ( stage3 and portage ), but I don't know how to create a bootable disc and with which program. Can someone hejp me? For all help I thank you very much. Regards and goodbye!
gregool
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Czesc :D

i tell you what, in that kind of situation i wouldn't spend time on building a custom cd.

as you are writing now i guess you have somehow an access to internet.

so i would DL a stage3 a portage snapshot the latest gentoo-sources and the modem driver, i would put this on a USB pen drive, and follow the handbook normally.

after compiling your kernel you'll be able to build anything necessary to get your modem working.

besides that some other distro with up2date livecd such as ubuntu provide packages for speedtouch drivers that's the easy way...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: