Powered By Gentoo Decals
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AggieEmpeg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Powered By Gentoo Decals Reply with quote

I have been so impressed with Gentoo that I have decided to run it as my production web application server. I am sure many users have done this as well. Because of this, we definitely need some sweet little decals to stick on our boxes that say "Powered By Gentoo Linux"
lude
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: Powered By Gentoo Decals Reply with quote

AggieEmpeg wrote:
I have been so impressed with Gentoo that I have decided to run it as my production web application server. I am sure many users have done this as well. Because of this, we definitely need some sweet little decals to stick on our boxes that say "Powered By Gentoo Linux"

I'm using the ones from the website (here) and just printed them onto Floppy Disk labels. Not the cleanest thing ever, but my servers do say Powered by Gentoo! :)
AggieEmpeg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Possible Powered By Gentoo Decals for sale? Reply with quote

How many people would be interested in purchasing snazzy domed "Powered By Gentoo Linux" case decals? And How much would you be willing to pay?
jonemi
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be willing to buy it if it was included in an official "Gentoo Afficionado Kit" for under US$50.
LinuxDude
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i printed mine onto transparent labels... it looks really cool
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2002 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonemi wrote:
I would be willing to buy it if it was included in an official "Gentoo Afficionado Kit" for under US$50.

I would be willing to pay 5 bucks US, other stickers at newegg cost about 5 bucks, so I figure it shouldn't be too much more than that, but the printing your own stickers idea is pretty neat!
As for the official "Gentoo Afficionado Kit", granted that Gentoo rocks, it isn't like those other distros, charging insane rates in stores for the CD, but hey, I am willing to support Gentoo, check out the T-shirts: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=1052&highlight=
:lol:

-Andrew
AggieEmpeg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 3:39 am    Post subject: Really Cool Case Decals Reply with quote

Here's the deal. I recently bought some "Powered By Linux" stickers for my boxes from some guy here in Texas. They look really sharp. I was so impressed with them that I wanted to see if he would do a custom sticker using the "Powered By Gentoo" graphic from the main Gentoo site. He is sending me a sample sticker. If it looks as good as the other ones that I got, I would definitely recommend getting one of these snazzy stickers. I will post what I think about the sticker as well as a picture of it once I get it.

I am also trying to set up some sort of deal benefitting the Gentoo Development organization... as in selling the stickers with all proceeds going to these hard working guys. I still haven't heard back from anyone from Gentoo as to coordinating this with me. I will keep trying though... I want to support these guys... I want my new favorite distro to live forever.
squanto
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is awesome!
Hope that they look good, if so, let me know and I will pony up the cash for a few!
:D
-Andrew
AggieEmpeg
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2002 3:02 am    Post subject: Decals Reply with quote

I just got the Gentoo sample decal today. It looks great! The image is so sharp. I tried taking picture but I decided against posting it since it didn't do the decal any justice. I definitely want these to be on all Gentoo users' cases.

I sent another email to the Gentoo guys in hopes of setting this up. Hopefully these can become available to everyone.

-Patrick
puddpunk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2002 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.stylespc.co.nz/pinfo.asp?product=CAELCBK

This, Lads, is awesome :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure you could find something similar in the US! it costs around $30 NZD which is about $15 USD.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: