Problem emerging blackdown-jdk. Please help me
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
R0B_IX
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Problem emerging blackdown-jdk. Please help me Reply with quote

Ok, I am building a system with gcc 3.3 and glibc 2.3.2-r2 w/ nptl. When I first did the bootstrap, it compile glibc w/o nptl since there was no 2.5/2.6 kernel avalible. So, I recompiled glibc once I had installed 2.6.0-test3-mm1 source kernel (I have had this same problem with other versions of 2.6.0 as well). Then I did an emerge -e world so that everything would be compiled against the latest version of glibc. Well, when it got to blackdown-jdk, it had some problems, but still said it completed successfully. However, once it went to db, it failed when checking for javac. Well, I went to recompile blackdown-jdk to take a closer look at what was going on, and notice that it fails to unpack the downloaded file (*.bin). Then there is an error with the tail call, a bunch of directories that it tries to copy stuff to, but says aren't there, and then goes through the linking and finishes (does emerge only fail if there is a gcc compiling error?). Well, I have tried 1.3.1-r8, and that works, but a few things that I want to compile (like the sun j2sdk package) require v1.4.1. Now, I did notice that the blackdown-jdk file that is downloaded ends with gcc3.2*, does that mean that it was compiled for only gcc3.2? or that it was compiled with gcc3.2? Please help me, I have been working at this for hours with no luck.

BTW, I have read the five blackdown bug reports that I could find, and none of them appear to apply.

thanks for any and all help
Video:ATI Radeon Mobility 9000
HD1:40 gig 5400 RPM 2.5" drive
HD2:20 gig 5400 RPM external 2.5" USB2 drive
OS of choice:Windows 3.1 (just kidding, it's gentoo)
R0B_IX
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally got a jdk installed on my system. Just in case anyone else has this problem, I installed the ibm-jdk ebuild and it is working like a charm.
Video:ATI Radeon Mobility 9000
HD1:40 gig 5400 RPM 2.5" drive
HD2:20 gig 5400 RPM external 2.5" USB2 drive
OS of choice:Windows 3.1 (just kidding, it's gentoo)
R-Type
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I tried emerging blackdown 1.4.1 SDK the ebuild errors with a msg about an invalid bzip2 file. It looks like the ebuild does some kind of 'magic' to extract the bzip2 file from the .run archive..and it fails. however, the ebuild continues to merge anyway :\.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: