Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
kde4's okular + firefox integration via mozplugger, anyone?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phlogiston
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: kde4's okular + firefox integration via mozplugger, anyone? Reply with quote

Hey

Anyone succeeded in integrating the new document viewer okular in firefox3? I just edited the mozpluggerc: Replaced kpdf with okular, but then okular opens as a normal app showing the pdf, but not inside firefox's tab.

Code:

application/pdf:pdf:PDF file
application/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file
text/pdf:pdf:PDF file
text/x-pdf:pdf:PDF file

#repeat noisy swallow(evince) fill: evince "$file"
        repeat noisy swallow(okular) fill: okular "$file"
        #repeat noisy swallow(Xpdf) fill: xpdf -g +9000+9000 "$file"
        GV()

saffsd
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resurrecting a dead thread, over a full year later, the situation is still the same. The latest version of mozplugger in the tree (1.10.2 at time of writing) is not the latest available though, have not found a newer ebuild yet though.

edit: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=246543 - Renaming the ebuild is enough to use the new vesion, which embeds okular resonably.
Phlogiston
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saffsd wrote:
Resurrecting a dead thread, over a full year later, the situation is still the same. The latest version of mozplugger in the tree (1.10.2 at time of writing) is not the latest available though, have not found a newer ebuild yet though.

edit: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=246543 - Renaming the ebuild is enough to use the new vesion, which embeds okular resonably.

Hmm, getting okular just inside firefox was easy, I managed to that long ago. However I cannot control okular inside ff with keyconfigs because they are not passed to okular. So I'm unable to search a pdf document for example.
hirakendu
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. Me using mozplugger 1.12.1 (just renamed ebuild). Can't use controls in Okular inside browser, as mentioned above. I tend to like Evince, but it has swallowing issues when another evince is running outside, and besides, evince copy is a mess in two-column documents. Acrobat reader is the only one which works flawlessly inside browser with mozplugger (it is 32-bit and binary, but I am ok with it because of the rendering quality and functionality) - however, I occasionally get a nasty screen-freeze with acroread (and then I have to do ctrl-alt-f1 and kill the acroread process from then on for my entire session till rebooting).

Totally aside, Okular (4.2.4) has this funny 'bug' too. If one goes to fullscreen and exits in fullscreen mode, the next session onwards, Okular opens in fullscreen and doesn't exit the fullscreen mode - just cannot get it to show the menu. It eventually comes down to deleting the rc files in ~/.kde :o. Apparently, the only way to avoid this bug is to exit fullscreen (by right-clicking) and then exiting Okular.

Weird that there are quite a few readers, but all with quirks. (Xpdf is a little too X for me - gtk/qt please.) These are the kind of things which really need to go to Ubuntu's One Hundred Paper Cuts, if not upstream.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: