View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nstoyano
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:09 am    Post subject: Scroll lines with wheel? Reply with quote

Good evening, Gentoo gurus!

I am afraid I have run into a silly problem yet again. When I started using Fluxbox I quickly realized that the mouse wheel does not scroll enough lines when browsing. In Firefox there is a setting to alter this so I ignored the issue. I compiled Midori recently, however, and it is an exceptional browser for this 256 RAM P3 1000MHz machine that I am using. The issue of not being able to scroll enough lines is driving me nuts now! Is there a line that can be added in xorg.conf that can define the amount of lines scrolled? I am using driver "mouse" and, as I said, Fluxbox (if that is of any consequence). Forgive me if the question is stupid and has been asked before -- in the worst case you would be helping Midori out because I will definitely use it if this issue gets resolved!

As usual, thank you. Have a wonderful evening.
Kaste
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning from what seems to be the other side of the world :)

You could try something like this in your xorg.conf which seems to be the proper way. You probably need to adjust these and fiddle a little till they work.
Code:

Option "VertScrollDelta" "250"
Option "MinSpeed" "0.06"
Option "MaxSpeed" "0.12"
Option "AccelFactor" "0.0010"

Alternatively you could look into imwheel or xmodmap which i used before i could get my mouse to work nicely with xorg.
nstoyano
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played around with those settings and I think they helped -- now the mouse wheel scrolls 3 lines instead of 1, which already makes Midori comfortable enough to use. I am not sure how to use xmodmap or imwheel to alternatively set the amount of scroll lines, but following the linux philosophy I will give it a try before I ask for help. For now thank you, I am delighted with being able to use this new oh so light browser.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: