Distcc crashes distcc server
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: Distcc crashes distcc server Reply with quote

Hi all. I've searched the Forums and the distcc mailing list archives, but couldn't find any references to this problem.

I'm running pfeiffer-sources-2.4.21_pre4 on an Asus A7M266-D, and using it as a distcc server. I had never had problems with distcc before, but now, strangely, compiling sources using distcc from my PIII laptop causes a full system freeze (and, occasionally, a spontaneous reboot). It is easily repeatable, and, while watching the distcc logs and the compile process on my laptop, it happens after the 2nd compile "job" (i.e. gcc instance).

I've turned off ECC and "Turbo" mode in the BIOS, and no affect. My next step will be to go back to gentoo-sources 2.4.20-r5, but I wanted to ask if anyone else is experieincing this problem, perhaps even with different kernels than I'm using?

If you need more configuration info, I'll be glad to post it (kernel config, /proc info, etc.). Thanks for any constructive ideas!

(Also, I'm not sure if this is posted in the right forum - Moderators, please move if inappropriate).
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still having this problem. Am I alone? If more info needed by you DISTCC gurus, I'll be glad to supply it. I'm going to try to use the gentoo-sources kernel today to see if that fixes the issue, but this isn't a long-term solution as the gentoo-sources-2.4.20-* kernels have an annoying pausing problem on my A7M266-D mobo. Thanks!
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well, I guess I'll give myself an unsatisfactory answer: retreating from pfeifer-sources-2.4.21_pre4 to gentoo-sources-2.4.20-r7 on the distcc server appears to have cleaned up the system freeze issue. However, now I am stuck with a server that needs "press any key to continue" to work... :( But, that's apparently just with this mobo.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: