View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swann25
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: GQview cannot open attached pictures from kmail Reply with quote

When I receive an email that has some pictures attached, I cannot open them from KMail.
I click on a picture, a popup appears asking me if I want to save it or open it using GQview; I click to open it, GQview starts and then immediately exits with the following message appearing on konsole:

Code:

Remote GQview not running, starting...
** GLib:ERROR:(gmain.c:2015):g_main_dispatch: assertion failed: (current->source == &current_source_link)

On the other hand, when making a right click on picture attached a dialog appears; if I select "View" (not "Open"), KMail displays the image but it's not using an external app.

Other attachments (.pdf, .doc) work just fine so I presume it's a GQView problem:( (although I didn't experience any problems with it beside this one)
Code:

[I] media-gfx/gqview
     Available versions:  2.0.4 ~2.1.5 {lcms}
     Installed versions:  2.0.4
sekundenzeiger
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: related problem here Reply with quote

Hi,

I think i have a similar problem with gqview here. I can open image-files from a terminal window with the command

Code:
 gqview image.png

however, if i double-click on the image, gnome is trying to open the file with "gnome-open" and this results in the same error you have encountered with KMail. I don't know how gnome tries to open the file, when I right-click on the file and choose "Open with GQView", but also results in a short blink of the gqview-window before it crashes.

Any help would be appreciated!

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: