won't load past nvaudio module!
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theguyupstairs
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:26 am    Post subject: won't load past nvaudio module! Reply with quote

I got everything working fine, and kde was running until I tried making the sound work. I emerged nvaudio and set it in modules.autoload. I booted my computer again and it says:
Loading module nvaudio.....
And just sticks there, it wont go past it. Is there any way to bypass this? I don't want to have to reinstall the whole system again
help please!!!!!!!!!! :cry:
senectus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2003 2:26 am    Post subject: Re: won't load past nvaudio module! Reply with quote

theguyupstairs wrote:
I got everything working fine, and kde was running until I tried making the sound work. I emerged nvaudio and set it in modules.autoload. I booted my computer again and it says:
Loading module nvaudio.....
And just sticks there, it wont go past it. Is there any way to bypass this? I don't want to have to reinstall the whole system again
help please!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Your not using Gaming sources by any chance are you??
If you are I've had that issue for ages.. as far as I know there is no fix for it..

Either way.. the performance of the nforce2 sound setup blows chunks in linux.. (with ALSA)
I gave up and went back to a hardware mixing supported sound card (soundblaster Live) the differance is amazing.. the system is so much quicker and slicker without the ALSA overhead.. damned nice.. :-)
Wise man say: A skilled troll is a master baiter.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: