Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Huge stability problems with Kopete 7.1. Any one else?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobby_j
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Huge stability problems with Kopete 7.1. Any one else? Reply with quote

I was thrilled to see a new kopete in portage.. it's progressing nicely for everyone.. But i'm having huge stability problems that I can't fix.

First, it would crash when logging in to a certain aim account (presumably when loading the contact list.). I ignored that by using a different account.. no problems there.. recreated a similar contact list.. all looked good.

Then, when I tried to send a message, it crashes upon opening a conversation window.

Both cases are with clean installs of kopete, using no old config files and are reproducable.

I'm mostly just curious.. wondering if others have been experiencing anything like this. I really like to have a fully gtk-less desktop -- I don't want to use gaim. I'll reply if I ever figure anything out.
bobby_j
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The little that I've found out is that the second problem was related to the style "alloy".. that problem is alleviated when switching to another style..

but.. it still crashes constantly. haven't had it running for more than 3 minutes. I've submitted a bug to kde-bugs.. hope something happens.
shm
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toobobfortv wrote:
The little that I've found out is that the second problem was related to the style "alloy".. that problem is alleviated when switching to another style..

but.. it still crashes constantly. haven't had it running for more than 3 minutes. I've submitted a bug to kde-bugs.. hope something happens.

I haven't had problems running it for 3 mins, but I can't run it more than 2 hours without crashing. Still unstable :((

So back to gaim it is for me, until the next release :)
bobby_j
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Little update.. I recompiled kopete and upgraded alloy... kopete's been connected and running for a few days now. it's really pretty good. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: