Tutorial For Gentoo Installation
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
01allein
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Tutorial For Gentoo Installation Reply with quote

Hi...

I am trying to use a virtual machine to make a tutorial for get new people for our GNU/Linux Gentoo distribution using a virtual machine, but I dont know which one to use...

I wonder if some of you could help me deciding on (is it vmware player good)

What you think I should use...

The best one for you is????????????????????????

Thanks everybody in advance
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd recommend virtualbox, but I seriously doubt that there a need for such a tutorial. Using a VM is pretty straightforward. Especially using a GUI manager. And I doubt that there are any differences from the normal handbook installation. Other then installing virtualbox kernel modules to get full support on the host, but that's explained in the manual for VB. If you're into making some documentation I suggest updating the handbook to use weekly minimals and stages - unless someone already did that.
NathanZachary

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moved from Installing Gentoo to Other Things Gentoo, as it is not directly related to installing a base Gentoo system.
01allein
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
I'd recommend virtualbox, but I seriously doubt that there a need for such a tutorial. Using a VM is pretty straightforward. Especially using a GUI manager. And I doubt that there are any differences from the normal handbook installation. Other then installing virtualbox kernel modules to get full support on the host, but that's explained in the manual for VB. If you're into making some documentation I suggest updating the handbook to use weekly minimals and stages - unless someone already did that.

Thanks for your reply, I didnt explain myself pretty well...

What I am exactly trying to do, it is to help many people who actually havent been able to install GNU/Linux Gentoo because of the offical website toturial explanation complexity, I want to translate it into a video to be understood much more better.
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Note that if someone is unable to follow the handbook he's not likely to be able to actually use and maintain his Gentoo afterwards. And again if you feel that some things in the handbook could be explained in a simpler way, then better have a go at making it clearer - just my humble opinion.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: