View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
szczerb
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't explain anything, but it could suggest that he did something weird during the install because of not reading the handbook. And now we're trying to figure out what that was. If this would be true, then he could go back to the parts of the handbook that he skipped and tell us what he did differently or didn't do. It's just a possibility and we all know that RTFM is the best answer for "how to install Gentoo?" ;]
ShadowAssasin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

szczerb wrote:
It doesn't explain anything, but it could suggest that he did something weird during the install because of not reading the handbook. And now we're trying to figure out what that was. If this would be true, then he could go back to the parts of the handbook that he skipped and tell us what he did differently or didn't do. It's just a possibility and we all know that RTFM is the best answer for "how to install Gentoo?" ;]

I did not read the handbook because from my understanding it was not updated to correspond to the new live cd. I followed the quick install guide another poster had pointed me to. I did not pay much attention to the network portion of it either, since like I didn't have a network connection for the notebook when I started, but I do now. Anyway, there are one or two steps that were skipped since I couldn't go online with the notebook(Code Listing 2.37); I'll see to those now thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: