View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mange123
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Copying problems Reply with quote

Im not certain that I am posting in the correct forum now but I hope so =)

I have noticed some strange behaviour lately when I copy text or cut text. In this particular case it was in Eclipse. If i just use ctrl+c and copy some text from an active window in eclipse and paste it in another eclipse window many times the copied text is not the one that is pasted. Its even more strange when I cut text because then you can see that the text is really cut because it disappears, but still then when I paste in another eclipse-window it is not the same text that I cut. If I click ctrl+c like 12 times then it is usually the correct text that is pasted.

Someone have a clue what this behaviour may come from? It is quite annoying.
avx
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of c&p do you use? If you don't know, there are at least two variants, namely strg+c...strg+v and marking with the mouse...middle-click. If you combine that, it may be that your pasting something from the wrong buffer.
Mange123
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the answer. I thought the middle-click only worked when copying from the terminal but that was not the case. In Eclipse I havent used the middleclick( just mark text and then ctrl+c ) but it is possible that it somehow gets saved in the wrong buffer.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: