MythTV Recording Problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rich0
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: MythTV Recording Problem Reply with quote

I did a fairly large emerge world yesterday, and now MythTV is refusing to record things most of the time. I believe the relevant log entries are:

Code:
2009-08-18 15:16:56.338 TVRec(2): ASK_RECORDING 2 0 0 0
2009-08-18 15:16:56.712 TVRec(2): Changing from None to RecordingOnly
2009-08-18 15:16:56.812 TVRec(2): HW Tuner: 2->2
2009-08-18 15:17:00.092 Channel(/dev/mythvid/PVR500-2): SetInputAndFormat() failed
2009-08-18 15:17:00.280 TVRec(2) Error: Failed to set channel to 3. Reverting to kState_None
2009-08-18 15:17:00.307 TVRec(2): Changing from RecordingOnly to None

Any ideas what might have changed? I'm running amd64 stable. Note that this occurred both before and after installing the latest mythtv upgrade (that just went stable today). So, that isn't the cause, or the solution.

Note that the device /dev/mythvid/PVR500-2 is just a symlink to /dev/video1. I got tired of the device numbers changing all the time so I created a udev rule that matches my capture card and creates a link to the appropriate device so that I don't need to keep reconfiguring it. I'm happy to run any suggested tests...
rich0
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little more detail - I tried using dd to dump data from both video devices on my PVR-500 (using the same symlinks as myth) and played it back using mplayer. The video played fine and included audio. So, the devices themselves appear to be working fine. I didn't try to manipulate the ivtv settings on these devices (not certain how to best replicate that from the command line).

Also - I did look at all my settings in mythtv-setup and didn't see any obvious problems. I haven't touched the configuration in a week in any case, and the problem just started suddenly yesterday.
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Error: Failed to set channel to 3.

I may be completely off line here, (I'm a casual MythTV user, once i got it working i never bothered to dig into internals), but isn't /dev/vbiX for tuning? Maybe some permission problem?
rich0
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I did figure this out. I deleted and recreated my capture cards and input mappings, and then re-fetched the schedule data. I was googling and found that apparently once in a blue moon mythtv decides to hose its capture configuration data and re-creating it will fix the problem...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: