Canon LBP5000 doesn't print PDF files
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marcelser
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Canon LBP5000 doesn't print PDF files Reply with quote

Hi,

I have a Canon LBP5000 with network card. Basically the printer works fine for example from firefox, gimp and many others. Also the "test page" prints fine. I installed it through the ebuild found here:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/130612.

But some pdf's just won't print. Others work fine. For example the e-ticket pdf's from my cinema just won't prima. Cups says the the print job is in process but, two hours later it's still in process. I tried everyhting: Downgrading printer driver from 1.80 to 1.60 driver, use different postscript level's. print through acrobat reader or KGhostview, print to pdf file and the print this pdf file. No matter what I tried, the print job always got stuck. There's no error or something, it just stays in the printing queue forever. I can print the problematic pdf's from windows without problem, so it must be something with the linux printing system. But I don't know if it's the driver, or the ghostscript installation or something I'm missing. Does anyone have any other ideas which might solve the problem?

Thanks for any help on this, I'm really stuck.

Marc
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: