install gentoo on my old laptop(p3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samuelololol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: install gentoo on my old laptop(p3) Reply with quote

i install gentoo on my laptop p3 (ibm thinkpad x30)

i use server pc (intel core2 q6600) to do a cross compile with distcc to bulid my package on the x30.
but when start to `emerge -avDNu world`(on x30), portage says that gcc (on x30) need to update with new USE flag (gtk)
so ..

Q: is there any problem with that no "USE=gtk" cross-comipler to cross-distcc compile packages on x30?

and i found that "crossdev" have a option -P (--portage), i don't know how to use this option to build my target comiler(cross-compiler) with USE=gtk
i use
Code:

# crossdev --b 2.18-r3 --g 4.3.2-r3 --l 2.9_p20081201-r2 --k 2.6.30-r6 -P USE="fortran gtk mudflap nls nptl openmp" --target i686-pc-linux-gnu

it errors, and ask me for an ebuild ?

so .. i have another question,
Q: Can I edit my gcc-4.3.2-r3.ebuild file, adding the USE=gtk flag, and work with crossdev? howto do with -P flag?

or USE flag nothing related to cross-compiler ? just use as usual?
Quick23t
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not related to cross compile and really no need for gcc to be built with USE=gtk so you can just use as normal.
samuelololol
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a small part of ..
Code:

libjava/classpath/NEWS:  longer an explicit dependency on Cairo, the --enable-gtk-cairo
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* Custom mouse cursor support has been added to the gtk+ peers. And cursors
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  documentation of gtk+ awt peers.
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  The gtk+ awt peers now allow copy/paste of text, images, uris/files
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  clipboard change events with gtk+ 2.6 (for gtk+ 2.4 only text and
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* Split gtk+ awt peers event handling in two threads and improve gdk lock
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* Better handle GDK lock. Properly prefix gtkpeer native functions (cp_gtk).
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  should now work correctly (flipping requires gtk+ >= 2.6)
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* When gtk+ 2.6 or higher is installed the default log handler will produce
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  If not given, the old default of gnu.java.awt.peerk.gtk.GtkToolkit
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* AWT gtk+ peers component layout, dialog placement, keyboard focus
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* java.awt.Robot support with GdkRobot in the gtk+ awt peers.
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* New gtk+ AWT FileDialog peer now based on gtk+2.4 or higher.
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* New configure flag --enable-gtk-cairo to build Graphics2D implementation
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  property gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.Graphics=Graphics2D.
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  gnu.classpath.awt.gtk.portable.native.sync instead of using the
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* Lots of java.awt and gtk+ peer improvements. Also more Swing work. Start
libjava/classpath/NEWS:* java.awt gtk+ peers now depend on gtk+ 2.2.x and uses pango.
libjava/classpath/NEWS:  well as disable gtk peer native compilation.
libjava/classpath/java/awt/image/BufferedImage.java:import gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.CairoSurface;
libjava/classpath/java/awt/Toolkit.java: * toolkit <code>gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit</code> is used.  This
libjava/classpath/java/awt/Toolkit.java:   * <code>awt.toolkit</code>, or <code>gnu.java.awt.peer.gtk.GtkToolkit</code>
libjava/classpath/java/awt/Component.java://import gnu.java.awt.dnd.peer.gtk.GtkDropTargetContextPeer;

also, not only java, libstdc++
Code:

libstdc++-v3/doc/xml/manual/using.xml:  adapt <code>namespace gtk</code> to <code>namespace std</code> by using a C++-feature called
libstdc++-v3/doc/xml/manual/using.xml:namespace gtk
libstdc++-v3/doc/xml/manual/using.xml:  <code>namespace gtk</code>.  The result is that use of
libstdc++-v3/doc/xml/manual/using.xml:  <code>std::string</code> inside namespace gtk can just use <code>string</code>, without the explicit qualification.
Binary file libstdc++-v3/doc/html/ext/pb_ds/gp_hash_random_int_subscript_timing_test_insert_msvc.png matches
libstdc++-v3/doc/html/manual/bk01pt01ch03s03.html:</p><p>For instance, consider a project that defines most of its classes in <code class="code">namespace gtk</code>. It is possible to
libstdc++-v3/doc/html/manual/bk01pt01ch03s03.html:      adapt <code class="code">namespace gtk</code> to <code class="code">namespace std</code> by using a C++-feature called
libstdc++-v3/doc/html/manual/bk01pt01ch03s03.html:namespace gtk
libstdc++-v3/doc/html/manual/bk01pt01ch03s03.html:      <code class="code">namespace gtk</code>.  The result is that use of
libstdc++-v3/doc/html/manual/bk01pt01ch03s03.html:      <code class="code">std::string</code> inside namespace gtk can just use <code class="code">string</code>, without the explicit qualification.

but i grep the source code of gcc 4.3.2 with "gtk"
is that not any influence for using this gcc compier without "USE=gtk" ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: