gkrellm2 no taskbar part
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
freshy98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: gkrellm2 no taskbar part Reply with quote

dunno if in Gnome it's called the taskbar, but I think you know what I mean.

I don't know when and why it started, but I seem to have lost the taksbar part of gkrellm2. This sucks 'cause now I can not normally minimize the program.
does anyone know os this problem and what to do for it?
skunkworx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite know what you're asking. Gkrellm2 is normally just a window, with all the little displays and controls within that window. Depending on whether or not you run it with the "-w" option, it will either be a normal window, or a "WindowMaker" dockable window that is glued into whatever WindowMaker manager you have (such as the "slit" in [Black|Flux|Open]box).
Jesse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using gkrellm 2.x which I assume you are there is an option in Configuration -> General -> Properties called "Do not include on a Taskbar" Unselct that option :)
freshy98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that option is disabled. the option above, Set window type to be a dock or panel, is enabled.

That I don't have a taskbar like thingy isn't that bad, but grkellm2 is also allways on top, which is vey annoyin.
Jesse
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh, that should be an option too ('Set on top of other windows of the same type') .. Also I do _not_ have my 'Set window type to be a dock or panel' set -- so uncheck that. If that doesn't work maybe you don't have something set in your gnome install because all the settings work in KDE and they should apply immediately.
freshy98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still have this problem. it's always on top and I can't minimize it so I have to quit gkrellm2 everytime I need too.

re-emerging and even do a emerge -C gkrellm and then emerge it did not work as well.

all other programs work nicely and have a taskbar part.
will try to post a picture of my desktop as soon as someone can tell me how to make a printscreen. I will probably have to install a picture editor too, right? or does Gnome have one build in?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: