View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:05 am    Post subject: Crystal 1.0.7 for kde? Reply with quote

Could this be fixed in the tree so that we can get crystal 1.0.7 for kde3 without having to mess about with the files? I know kde3 is soon to go by the way side but would be nice to have an updated crystal version for those of us still waiting for kde4 to go stable :)

Thanks
epsilon72
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Crystal 1.0.7 for kde? Reply with quote

Carps wrote:
Could this be fixed in the tree so that we can get crystal 1.0.7 for kde3 without having to mess about with the files? I know kde3 is soon to go by the way side but would be nice to have an updated crystal version for those of us still waiting for kde4 to go stable :)

Thanks

I think the 2.0.* versions of crystal work with kde 4, but the last time I tried to compile one it kept on failing, so I decided to do without it. It may be fixed by now though, you might want to give it a try.
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im running a stable box atm, so im not touching kde 4 till it hits the tree unmasked :)
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystal-1.0.7 is in the tree, you have to keyword it.

If you want it to be stabilized for a given architecture, open a bug at bugs.gentoo.org, but it's not going to be stabilized from one day to another. Gentoo has a strict policy about that, and no package is declared stable until it has been 1 month without any serious bug report about it.
FizzyWidget
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have 1.0.7 in - no probs here, cant believe the amount of time its been out that not a single person is using it or has informed the devs alll is ok with it, i will give it till the end of November then write a bug report saying all is well (if all goes well) asking for it to be marked as stable :)
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carps wrote:
i have 1.0.7 in - no probs here, cant believe the amount of time its been out that not a single person is using it or has informed the devs alll is ok with it, i will give it till the end of November then write a bug report saying all is well (if all goes well) asking for it to be marked as stable :)

The sooner they are aware of this, the sooner they can stabilize it. You can write the bug report today asking for stabilization, they will count one month from the report so if you open the report in one month you won't probably get it stabilized until next year ;)

All that, assuming that in fact there's no open bug for crystal keeping it from stabilization.
epsilon72
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carps wrote:
im running a stable box atm, so im not touching kde 4 till it hits the tree unmasked :)

Wow, I must've been really tired when I wrote my post, heh. I totally missed your point :lol:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: