HPT370/372 ATA RAID issues
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gam3g33k
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 8:57 pm    Post subject: HPT370/372 ATA RAID issues Reply with quote

I have an Abit TH7II-RAID motherboard with an integrated High Point HPT370/372 RAID controller. My hard disk is on the primary master channel of the RAID controller but it is not set to a RAID mode. It is set to UDMA 5. I am having problems getting fdisk to work. When I type "fdisk -l" I can see all my partitions on the hard disk. Fdisk says that the device they are sitting on is "/dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/partX" where X is the number of each partition. I've tried doing an "fdisk /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0" but when I type that I get "You will not be able to write to the partition table. Unable to read /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0." I've tried loading the ataraid module but that doesn't seem to help and if I type "insmod hptraid" I get "init_module: No such device". Can anybody help me with this so I can get Gentoo installed?
cyrillic
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you are using a single harddrive, you don't need to load the ataraid or hptraid modules. You should be able to get fdisk to work like this :
Code:
# fdisk /dev/hde
or
# fdisk /dev/ide/host2/bus0/target0/lun0/disc

If these don't work, then you can browse through the kernel messages to find the right device to use for your harddrive like this :
Code:
# dmesg | less
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: