View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olis
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: [Solved] Dolphins everywhere Reply with quote

Hi,

I switched from KDE 3.5.10 to KDE 4.3.1 recently. Nearly everything went smooth and I removed KDE 3 yesterday.

One problem I noticed is that I see a lot of dolphin icons, for example under K-Menu/Exit (not sure how is it called in English) all entries show the dolphin icon.

Also the widget for start the screensaver and log off from KDE is using the dolphin icon.

One exception is the K-Menu widget, it know shows a big orange arrow pointing to the left (|<-).

How do I get the correct icons back?

Olis

Last edited by Olis on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Mike Hunt
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphins everywhere Reply with quote

It could related to the shared-mime-info-0.70 upgrade, in which case you need to do this, for each user:

Code:
update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/
Olis
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphins everywhere Reply with quote

Mike Hunt wrote:
It could related to the shared-mime-info-0.70 upgrade, in which case you need to do this, for each user:

Code:
update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/

x11-misc/shared-mime-info-0.70 is still unstable on x86, I'm running V0.60 since June, long before the KDE 4.3.1 upgrade. When I switched to KDE 4 the icons where ok at first but switched somehow during the last days.

Anyway, I ran the command, but without success.

Olis
Olis
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Re: Dolphins everywhere Reply with quote

Olis wrote:
Hi,

I switched from KDE 3.5.10 to KDE 4.3.1 recently. Nearly everything went smooth and I removed KDE 3 yesterday.

One problem I noticed is that I see a lot of dolphin icons, for example under K-Menu/Exit (not sure how is it called in English) all entries show the dolphin icon.

Also the widget for start the screensaver and log off from KDE is using the dolphin icon.

One exception is the K-Menu widget, it know shows a big orange arrow pointing to the left (|<-).

How do I get the correct icons back?

Olis

Problem solved! :D

After reinstalling kde-base/oxygen-icon everything was fine again.

Olis
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: