Todisc fails with bizarre fatal error [problem spotted]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orange_juice
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:24 pm    Post subject: Todisc fails with bizarre fatal error [problem spotted] Reply with quote

Hallo, I am using todisc to create DVDs with the videos I shoot.

However, the same command that worked a few months ago, now fails with the following error:

Code:
Creating the highlight and selection PNGs for the main menu
Running                                                   
convert -size 720x576 xc:none -background none -mosaic miff:- | convert -size
720x576 -background none - -page +50+227 /tmp/todisc-work.1/thumb_title0.png 
-page +50+262 /tmp/todisc-work.1/thumb_title1.png -page +50+297               
/tmp/todisc-work.1/thumb_title2.png -page +50+332                             
/tmp/todisc-work.1/thumb_title3.png -mosaic miff:- |                         
composite -size 720x576 -background none -gravity NorthWest -dissolve 100 -   
/tmp/todisc-work.1/pics/template.png -background none miff:- | convert -     
-background none /tmp/todisc-work.1/title_txt.png -gravity north -geometry   
+0+50 -composite /tmp/todisc-work.1/preview.jpg                               

Creating a blank mpeg for the vmgm menu
Running: jpeg2yuv -v 1 -f 25 -I p -n 1 -l 30 -L 1 -b1 -j
/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.jpg | ffmpeg -f yuv4mpegpipe -i - -an -r 25 -s 720x576
-tvstd pal -b 7000k -maxrate 8000k -bufsize 224KiB -aspect 4:3 -y
/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.m2v
awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=4) fatal: attempt to access field -2

=========================================================

ffmpeg -f s16le -i /dev/zero -t -ab 224k -ar 48000 -ac 2 -acodec ac3 -y
/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.ac3
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
todisc encountered an error:

Check the contents of /door/03_Third_Floor/Tanis_Lazy/dvd/todisc.log to see what went wrong.
See the tovid website (http://www.tovid.org) for what to do next.
Sorry for the inconvenience!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cleaning up...
Removing /door/03_Third_Floor/Tanis_Lazy/dvd/todisc-work.1
Removing the symlink in /tmp . . .
removed `/tmp/todisc-work.1'

Cleaning up...
Removing /door/03_Third_Floor/Tanis_Lazy/dvd/todisc-work.0
Removing the symlink in /tmp . . .
removed `/tmp/todisc-work.0'

I have found this post stating that ubuntu users should install
Quote:
libavcodec-unstripped-51 libavutil-unstripped-49 libavformat-unstripped-52

However there are not such ebuilds in portage and I do not understand what this is all about.

I would appreciate your help.

Kind regards,
orange_juice

Last edited by orange_juice on Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaglover
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Check the contents of /door/03_Third_Floor/Tanis_Lazy/dvd/todisc.log to see what went wrong.

You didn't tell us what error is in that log.
nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also am having trouble with this, and have not found a fix.
See https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-5961433-highlight-.html#5961433
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are not the only one with this error. I've got it too. I narrowed down the problem to jpeg2yuv . It segfaults, and the reset of script jumps off the end of the world.
orange_juice
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

salahx wrote:
You are not the only one with this error. I've got it too. I narrowed down the problem to jpeg2yuv . It segfaults, and the reset of script jumps off the end of the world.

Yup, indeed ... this is exactly the issue.

Here is my log:

Code:
[todisc]: Creating a blank mpeg for the vmgm menu                                                                                                           
Running: jpeg2yuv -v 1 -f 25 -I p -n 1 -l 30 -L 1 -b1 -j                                                                                                     
/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.jpg | ffmpeg -f yuv4mpegpipe -i - -an -r 25 -s 720x576                                                                             
-tvstd pal -b 7000k -maxrate 8000k -bufsize 224KiB -aspect 4:3 -y                                                                                           
/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.m2v                                                                                                                                 
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Parsing & checking input files.                                                                                                         
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] YUV colorspace detected.                                                                                                                 

INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Starting decompression
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Image dimensions are 720x576
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Movie frame rate is:  25.000000 frames/second
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Non-interlaced/progressive frames.           
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Frame size:  720 x 576                       
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Number of Loops 30                           
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Number of Frames 1                           
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Start at frame 1                             
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Now generating YUV4MPEG stream.             
   INFO: [jpeg2yuv] Processing non-interlaced/interleaved /tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.jpg, size 2715
FFmpeg version 0.5, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.                             
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-static --enable-shared --cc=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc --disable-debug --disable-ipv6 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libdc1394 --enable-x11grab --enable-pthreads --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libgsm --disable-altivec --cpu=athlon64 --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-swscale --disable-stripping                                                     
  libavutil     49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0                                                                                                                         
  libavcodec    52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0                                                                                                                         
  libavformat   52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0                                                                                                                         
  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0                                                                                                                         
  libavfilter    0. 4. 0 /  0. 4. 0                                                                                                                         
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1                                                                                                                         
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0                                                                                                                         
  built on Nov 20 2009 21:34:42, gcc: 4.3.4                                                                                                                 
Input #0, yuv4mpegpipe, from 'pipe:':
  Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Video: rawvideo, yuv420p, 720x576, PAR 1:1 DAR 5:4, 25 tbr, 25 tbn, 25 tbc
Output #0, mpeg2video, to '/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.m2v':
    Stream #0.0: Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576 [PAR 16:15 DAR 4:3], q=2-31, 7000 kb/s, 90k tbn, 25 tbc
Stream mapping:
  Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
frame=    0 fps=  0 q=0.0 Lsize=       0kB time=10000000000.00 bitrate=   0.0kbits/s
video:0kB audio:0kB global headers:0kB muxing overhead nan%
Using mencoder to get length of /tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.m2v
Seek failed
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
Cannot open demuxer.
[todisc]:
[todisc]: =========================================================
[todisc]:
[todisc]: ffmpeg
-f s16le
-i /dev/zero
-t -ab
224k -ar
48000 -ac
2 -acodec
ac3 -y
/tmp/todisc-work.1/dummy.ac3
FFmpeg version 0.5, Copyright (c) 2000-2009 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
  configuration: --prefix=/usr --libdir=/usr/lib64 --shlibdir=/usr/lib64 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-static --enable-shared --cc=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc --disable-debug --disable-ipv6 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libx264 --enable-libxvid --enable-libdc1394 --enable-x11grab --enable-pthreads --enable-libdirac --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libspeex --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libgsm --disable-altivec --cpu=athlon64 --enable-gpl --enable-postproc --enable-avfilter --enable-avfilter-lavf --enable-swscale --disable-stripping
  libavutil     49.15. 0 / 49.15. 0
  libavcodec    52.20. 0 / 52.20. 0
  libavformat   52.31. 0 / 52.31. 0
  libavdevice   52. 1. 0 / 52. 1. 0
  libavfilter    0. 4. 0 /  0. 4. 0
  libswscale     0. 7. 1 /  0. 7. 1
  libpostproc   51. 2. 0 / 51. 2. 0
  built on Nov 20 2009 21:34:42, gcc: 4.3.4
Input #0, s16le, from '/dev/zero':
  Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0.0: Audio: pcm_s16le, 44100 Hz, mono, s16, 705 kb/s
Invalid duration specification for t: -ab
[todisc]: todisc encountered an error:
[todisc]:
[todisc]: Cleaning up...
[todisc]: Removing /door/03_Third_Floor/Tanis_Lazy/dvd/todisc-work.1
[todisc]: Cleaning up...
[todisc]: Removing /door/03_Third_Floor/Tanis_Lazy/dvd/todisc-work.0

:roll:

I am currently trying to update the relevant bug ...

Kind regards,
orange_juice
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, after some experimentation, the problem is due to the jpeg 6.2->7.0 upgrade. When I downgraded the jpeg-6.2 and rebuilt mjpegtools against it. Now jpeg2yuv no longer crashes.

However, todisc still fails, except this time, the culprit is "transcode". It too now crashes. However the fix is the same as with mjpegtools: downgrade jpeg. Once built against 6.2, transcode no longer crashes, and "todisc" completes.
orange_juice
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

salahx wrote:
Ok, after some experimentation, the problem is due to the jpeg 6.2->7.0 upgrade. When I downgraded the jpeg-6.2 and rebuilt mjpegtools against it. Now jpeg2yuv no longer crashes.

Thanx!

However downgrading jpeg seems to be a rather complicated procedure:

Code:
!!! Multiple package instances within a single package slot have been pulled
!!! into the dependency graph, resulting in a slot conflict:

media-libs/jpeg:0

('ebuild', '/', 'media-libs/jpeg-6b-r8', 'merge') pulled in by
    media-libs/jpeg required by ('installed', '/', 'x11-libs/qt-3.3.8b-r2', 'nomerge')
    media-libs/jpeg required by ('installed', '/', 'net-libs/webkit-gtk-1.1.10', 'nomerge')
    media-libs/jpeg required by ('installed', '/', 'x11-libs/openmotif-2.3.2', 'nomerge')
    (and 46 more)

('installed', '/', 'media-libs/jpeg-7', 'nomerge') pulled in by
    >=media-libs/jpeg-7 required by ('installed', '/', 'media-libs/sdl-image-1.2.7-r1', 'nomerge')
    (and 49 more)

... and I still did not reach the second issue in your post ...

Quote:
However, todisc still fails, except this time, the culprit is "transcode". It too now crashes. However the fix is the same as with mjpegtools: downgrade jpeg.

Are you running on gentoo stable?

I am on AMD64, emerge --info attached

Kind regards,
orange_juice

Code:
emerge --info
Portage 2.1.6.13 (default/linux/amd64/10.0, gcc-4.3.4, glibc-2.9_p20081201-r2, 2.6.30-gentoo-r5 x86_64)
=================================================================                                     
System uname: Linux-2.6.30-gentoo-r5-x86_64-AMD_Athlon-tm-_64_X2_Dual_Core_Processor_4800+-with-gentoo-1.12.13
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 21:45:01 +0000                                                           
app-shells/bash:     4.0_p28                                                                                 
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.9-r1                                                                               
dev-lang/python:     2.6.2-r1                                                                                 
dev-util/cmake:      2.6.4-r3                                                                                 
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.13                                                                                 
sys-apps/sandbox:    1.6-r2                                                                                   
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.63-r1                                                                           
sys-devel/automake:  1.7.9-r1, 1.8.5-r3, 1.9.6-r2, 1.10.2                                                     
sys-devel/binutils:  2.18-r3                                                                                 
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1                                                                                   
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.6a
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.27-r2
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -msse3"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config /var/lib/hsqldb /var/qmail/alias /var/qmail/control"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/php/apache2-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cgi-php5/ext-active/ /etc/php/cli-php5/ext-active/ /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/texmf/web2c /etc/udev/rules.d /usr/X11R6/bin/startx"
CXXFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe -msse3"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="buildpkg distlocks fixpackages parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="ftp://files.gentoo.org http://files.gentoo.org ftp://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/gentoo/ http://ftp.ntua.gr/pub/linux/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.uoi.gr/mirror/OS/gentoo/ http://ftp.uoi.gr/mirror/OS/gentoo/ http://ftp.physics.auth.gr/pub/mirrors/gentoo/ ftp://ftp.physics.auth.gr/pub/mirrors/gentoo/ "
LANG="en_GB.UTF-8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1"
LINGUAS="en en_GB el uk"
MAKEOPTS="-j3"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://192.168.10.20/gentoo-portage"
USE="3dnow 3dnowext X Xaw3d a52 aac aalib accessibility acl acpi addbookmarks akode alias alsa amarok amd64 amr amrnb amrwb aotuv apache2 apm applet ares artworkextra asf aspell ass asterisk audio audiofile avahi avi beagle bindist bitmap-fonts bluetooth bonjour bzip2 bzlib cairo caps cdda cddax cddb cdiao cdio cdparanoia cdr cdrkit cgraph cms connectionstatus consolekit contactnotes corefonts cpudetection cracklib crypt css ctype cups curl curlwrappers cxx dbus dc1394 device-mapper dga digitalradio dirac disk-partition divx divx4linux djbfft djvu dlloader dmi dmx doc dri dts dv dvb dvd dvdr dvdread dvi ecc effects elf enca encode epiphany exif expat extrafilters fam fame ffmpeg fftw firefox flac flash fontconfig fortran fpx fuse gadu galago gcj gd gdbm gif gimp gimpprint gmedia gnome gnomecd gnutls gpac gphoto2 gpm graphviz gs gsm gstreamer gtk gtk2 guile hal hdri highlight history httpd hunspell iconv icu idn ieee1394 imagemagick imap imlib inkjar irc jadetex java javascript jbig jingle jpeg jpeg2k jsapi ladspa lapack lcms ldap lesstif libass libburn libcaca libffi libgcrypt libnotify libsamplerate libsexy libssh2 libsysfs libwww lirc live lm_sensors logitech-mouse lua lzo mad maildir matroska mbrola md5sum mdnsresponder-compat memlimit midi mikmod mjpeg mmap mmx mmxext mng modplug mono motif mozilla mp2 mp3 mp4 mpeg mpi mplayer mpm-prefork mudflap multilib musepack musicbrainz nas nautilus ncurses neXt nemesi network networking networkmanager nls nntp no-suexec nowlistening nptl nptlonly nsplugin nvidia nvtv objc objc++ objc-gc odbc offensive ogg oggvorbis openexr opengl openmp openmpnls oss pam pcf pcre pda pdf perl png pnm posix povray ppds profile psf pulseaudio python q32 qt3 qt3support quicktime radio rar raw rdesktop readline realmedia regex romio rpm rtc ruby sametime sasl scanner schroedinger sdl sdl-image semantic-desktop session shout skins slang slp smartcard smp sms smux sndfile snmp sockets sox speex spell sqlite sse sse2 ssh ssl ssse3 static-modules statistics stream subtitles svg t1lib tacl tcl tcltk tcpd teletext texteffect theora threads tidy tiff timezone tk tokenizer totem tracker translator truetype truetype-fonts twolame type1-fonts udev unicode usb utf8 v4l v4l2 vcd vcdinfo vcdx vdr vhook video vlm vorbis wavpack webkit webpresence winpopup wmf wmp wxwindows x264 xanim xine xinetd xml xmldoclet xmp xorg xpm xscreensaver xsl xulrunner xv xvid xvmc yahoo yv12 zeroconf zlib zoran zvbi" ALSA_CARDS="hda-intel" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="alaw copy dshare dsnoop extplug null shm adpcm file hooks ladspa lfloat linear meter mulaw multi rate route share asym dmix empty iec958 ioplug mmap_emul plug softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="access auth mime-magic headers log_config setenvif mime dir so authz_host alias negotiation" APACHE2_MPMS="worker" ELIBC="glibc" INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse evdev" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" LINGUAS="en en_GB el uk" LIRC_DEVICES="all" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia fbdev vesa vga"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LC_ALL, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do indeed run Gentoo stable. The unstable version of transcode has a different problem (--print_status no longer exists on that one, causing todisc to fail )

The problem on the Ubunutu forums is unrelated to this one, on that one, jpeg2yuv does not crash there, and creates the file successfully, but ffmpeg chokes on it (libavcodec is part of ffmpeg).

Obviously, downgrading jpeg is out of the question for most people, and I'm most certainly NOT recommending doing it, I only did it to show where the problem lies.

Here's the backtrace for transcode:
Code:

Core was generated by `transcode --print_status 10 --write_pid /tmp/todisc-work.0/tcode0.pid -q 1 -i /'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.

#0  jpeg_fdct_16x16 (data=0xbfc5f940, sample_data=0x9369298, start_col=0)
    at jfdctint.c:2188
#1  0xb59203a6 in forward_DCT (cinfo=0xbfc5fb68, compptr=0x9372574,
    sample_data=0x9369298, coef_blocks=0x93730e4, start_row=0, start_col=0,
    num_blocks=1) at jcdctmgr.c:82
#2  0xb591f9c9 in compress_data (cinfo=0xbfc5fb68, input_buf=0xb7f930ac)
    at jccoefct.c:180
#3  0xb591d957 in jpeg_write_raw_data (cinfo=0xbfc5fb68, data=0xb7f930ac,
    num_lines=16) at jcapistd.c:153
#4  0xb7f8fbfd in write_yuv_JPEG_file (filename=<value optimized out>,
    quality=75, input=0xbfc5fde0, _width=320, _height=240) at export_jpg.c:124
#5  0xb7f901a8 in tc_export (opt=13, para1=0xbfc5fe64, para2=0x9367008)
    at export_jpg.c:307
#6  0x0805fcbe in tcv_export (opt=13, para1=0xbfc5fe64, para2=0x9367008)
    at dl_loader.c:66
#7  0x0805f21a in encoder (vob=0x9367008, frame_a=869, frame_b=1468)
    at encoder.c:734
#8  0x08058b6e in main (argc=20, argv=0xbfc60af4) at transcode.c:4009
orange_juice
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right, I understand.

Obviously, we will have to wait for this issue to be fixed.

Thank you for the update.

Kind regards,
orange_juice
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I patched todisc to work against the new transcode to see if the newest version of transcode still crashes. Unfortunately, it does (and in exactly the same way, too).

So, I've filed bug 294488 for the transcode issue, and bug 294492 for the issue of >=transcode-1.1.0 not working with todisc.
nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THanks to everyone for the above comments.

I now have todisc with menus working just fine using:
(1) mjpeg-tools-1.8.0-r2 (rather than 1.9)
(2 jpeg-6b-r8 (rather than 7)
(3) transcode-1.1.5 (which is >1.1, despite the comments above that this does not work.)
AND
(3) todisc-svn-2782 (which I obtained using the command svn checkout http://tovid.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/tovid tovid),
rather than the one in portage.

Do you think that what appears to be a bug with transcode is actually a matter of the todisc in portage not tracking the api changes in transcode >=1.1 ?
Since I run ~amd64, there have been lots of occassions in the past in which I have found that "older" todiscs don't track the api changes in transcode,
and that is why I now go to svn to get my todisc. I have never had any problems resulting from this.

Regarding the downgrades of mjpegtools and jpeg, They were completely straigthforward for me using portage-2.2_rc5, which has the feature emerge @preserved-rebuild.
I don't know whether or not the stable versions of portage have this feature. Thanks again to everyone.

Last edited by nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap on Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:55 am; edited 1 time in total
orange_juice
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! A solution has been spotted.

Actually, the latest stable portage in AMD64 (portage-2.1.6.13), does not have the "@preserved-rebuild" feature.

Nevertheless, todisc is still alive.

Thank you guys, you are awesome!

Kind regards,
orange_juice
nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to confess that when I tried the downgrade of jpeg on my wife's gentoo ~amd64 (which I had thought was almost identical to my own)
I had to struggle a bit, but I did finally succeed. The problem was that after the downgrade, emerge @revdep-rebuild claimed that it had to reinstall kde-3.5's arts,
but could not do so because it was no longer in portage. I thus uninstalled everything having to do with kde-3.5 and anything depending on it, and then emerge @revdep-rebuild
worked just fine. I am uncertain as to what the corresponding steps would be with a stable portage.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: