Icon problems with Banshee/Rhythmbox
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tsmithtree
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Icon problems with Banshee/Rhythmbox Reply with quote

I'm experiencing a strange issue with the icons on the side panels of both banshee and rhythmbox. I also compiled the mainline latest version of banshee and experience this same issue. It's interesting to note that this randomly happened one time when I opened banshee, it was fine before. I didn't emerge anything or fiddle with any settings from the last time I opened it to when it started doing this. Here's what it looks like:
http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6905/18168756.png

I tried changing my gnome icon theme a couple times, then tried running gtk-update-icon-cache, in various places, none of them seemed to work (is there a specific place I need to do this?) Also tried update-mime-database in both ~/.local and /usr/share/mime directories, which didn't fix the issue. I remember when I had gnome icon problems I'd either update the mime dbs or re-emerge shared-mime-info or something like that, but this didn't affect my current issue. Since this problem is apparent in both banshee and rhythmbox, it could be an underlying issue with gtk+ or another library. I tried recompiling gtk+, but it did nothing. Can someone point me in the right direction?

btw I know this seems trivial, but I am really obsessive compulsive about everything (why I run gentoo) and I'm bothered if everything isn't perfect :-)
tsmithtree
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that this problem disappears if I'm using a KDE icon set like oxygen. What does this mean? How can I keep my lovely media player icons while still using a gnome icon set?

EDIT: I fixed this issue by copying banshee's icons into my icon theme's folder in ~/.icons, then running gtk-update-icon-cache.
Code:
cd ~/.icons/gnome-colors-common/
cp -rf /usr/share/banshee-1/icons/hicolor/* ./
gtk-update-icon-cache -ft ./
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: