GXMAME and XMAME questions.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semiSfear
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: GXMAME and XMAME questions. Reply with quote

Hey ho

I'v been using GXMAME as a GUI frontend for XMAME for a while now. It works great.... Except for a few minor issues. For example, I have specefied the location for my hiscore.dat file so the path is correct, the permissions on that file are 644. Still GXMAME don't record my hiscores in that file. Does it work for you guys? Or am I missing an option. Or maybe GXMAME just suck?

Any ideas.

I know this is a minor issue, still I can't find any info on this matter. Thanks in advance.
homerjay
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GXMAME and XMAME questions. Reply with quote

semiSfear wrote:

I'v been using GXMAME as a GUI frontend for XMAME for a while now. It works great.... Except for a few minor issues. For example, I have specefied the location for my hiscore.dat file so the path is correct, the permissions on that file are 644. Still GXMAME don't record my hiscores in that file. Does it work for you guys? Or am I missing an option. Or maybe GXMAME just suck?

I don't think it sucks :) . However, XMame doesn't store hiscores in hiscore.dat. That file only tells XMame how to get score data from the emulation. The hiscores themselves are stored in some other directory somewhere (Usually called "hi").

So you need to tell GXMame the path to hiscore.dat on the "XMame additional paths" tab, and tell it where to put the scores on the "User Resources" tab.
semiSfear
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the long delay on my reply.

The tab you are describing,"XMame aditional paths", is the one where I specefie the hiscore.dat file. Which I have done. I sit supposed to be a path to a directory? Not a file?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: