View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalleRIM
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it might only work with the patched cairo (1.8.8-r99), not with the development version. Maybe thats the problem
jgpallack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm--I just synced my overlays recently, and I noticed the firefox/qt4 ebuilds disappeared. What happened to them? Were they moved to another overlay? If not, can anyone please send me all the deleted ebuilds, patches, etc. so I can store them locally (e.g. in case I ever need to revdep-rebuild one of these packages)?

Thanks.
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they were removed for good and no idea, if anyone has a copy left.
I would recommend to try hacking on Qt with Firefox 4.0 beta. :o
jgpallack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess I'm desperate enough:

I will offer a financial bounty to anyone who sends me a complete snapshot of the overlay from just before the ebuilds were removed. By "just before", I mean that it must include Firefox 3.6.6.

And I'm not interested in Firefox 4. If I wanted to use a browser that looks like Chrome, I'd use Chrome. I don't use Chrome.
kev009
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgpallack wrote:

I will offer a financial bounty to anyone who sends me a complete snapshot of the overlay from just before the ebuilds were removed. By "just before", I mean that it must include Firefox 3.6.6.

And I'm not interested in Firefox 4. If I wanted to use a browser that looks like Chrome, I'd use Chrome. I don't use Chrome.

You realize it takes one right click and one left click to disable this mode right?
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kev009 wrote:
jgpallack wrote:

You realize it takes one right click and one left click to disable this mode right?

Naw, he's just too busy complaining like those Amarok 1.4.x users ;)
Kingoftherings
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgpallack wrote:

Doesn't the overlay use git? Just cd to /var/lib/layman/*overlay*, and use gitk/git log to find whichever commit removed FF with Qt and git checkout to a commit before that.
jgpallack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingoftherings wrote:
Doesn't the overlay use git? Just cd to /var/lib/layman/*overlay*, and use gitk/git log to find whichever commit removed FF with Qt and git checkout to a commit before that.

I wish. It's a tarball.
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just in case you missed it ...

firefox 4 beta 7 from mozilla-overlay has a [qt4] useflag. :o
pingufunkybeat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's cool. I didn't know that qt4 made it back into firefox officially, I thought Nokia had given up on it completely and concentrated on webkit.
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm feeling skeptical, but if Firefox does have working, native Qt4 support, it would make me really happy.

xulrunner-2.0_beta7_pre.ebuild:
  29 RDEPEND="
  30         >=sys-devel/binutils-2.16.1
  31         >=dev-libs/nss-3.12.8_beta1
  32         >=dev-libs/nspr-4.8.5
  33         >=app-text/hunspell-1.2
  34         !qt4? ( >=x11-libs/cairo-1.10[X] )
  35         >=dev-libs/libevent-1.4.7
  36         x11-libs/pango[X]
  37         net-print/cups
  38         x11-libs/libXt
  39         x11-libs/pixman
  40         alsa? ( media-libs/alsa-lib )
  41         libnotify? ( >=x11-libs/libnotify-0.4 )
  42         system-sqlite? ( >=dev-db/sqlite-3.7.0.1[fts3,secure-delete,unlock-notify] )
  43         wifi? ( net-wireless/wireless-tools )
  44         qt4? (
  45                         x11-libs/qt-gui
  46                         x11-libs/qt-core
  47                         >=x11-libs/cairo-1.10[X,qt4]
  48                 )
  49         !www-plugins/weave"
  51 DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
  52         =dev-lang/python-2*[threads]
  53         dev-util/pkgconfig
  54         dev-lang/yasm"

The only thing that makes me suspicious is that I can't see the gtk+ dependency, niether in xulrunner nor in Firefox.

Edit:
bug 235163 wrote:
(In reply to comment #25)
> Created an attachment (id=247612) [details] [details]
> xulrunner-2.0_beta7 fail with USE=qt4
>

We now it fails, this is not part of the bug, we will fix it when we get to it
qt is not officially supported in gentoo at the moment.

:(
benneque
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

qt4 flag was deleted ?
is there a way to get it back by editing the ebuild ?
is pretty annoying for a KDE user, to have ONE gtk app ;)
geki
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/mozilla.git;a=commit;h=de1c5407dbecf567340ed61892eebc697afee0e6
... and revert the qt4 hunks :o
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does Qt Firefox actually work? It never built for me...
asturm
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, it worked fine with some minor glitches. I actually had it in use for some time...
MalleRIM
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have a working ebuild? I modifying an ebuild for beta8 of firefox, but the build fails. I can't get beta7 working, because the needed files aren't hosted anymore.
benneque
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a QT4 solution,too :)
jgpallack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalleRIM wrote:
Does anyone have a working ebuild? I modifying an ebuild for beta8 of firefox, but the build fails. I can't get beta7 working, because the needed files aren't hosted anymore.

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. Compiling xulrunner 2.0_beta8_pre-r5 fails all over the place with qt4 enabled. Errors below if anyone is interested.

Code:

x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -o gfxXlibSurface.o -c -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -I../../dist/system_wrappers -include ../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DIMPL_THEBES -DWOFF_MOZILLA_CLIENT -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.6\" -DOSARCH=Linux -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DCHROMIUM_MOZILLA_BUILD -DOS_LINUX=1 -DOS_POSIX=1 -I../../ipc/chromium/src -I../../ipc/glue -I../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders  -I. -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub  -I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/nss       -fPIC -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -march=native -pipe -fPIC -Wno-return-type -w -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer  -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL    -pthread -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2     -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../mozilla-config.h -MD -MF .deps/gfxXlibSurface.pp gfxXlibSurface.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:48,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpolygon.h:45,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qmatrix.h:45,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qtransform.h:44,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qimage.h:45,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/QImage:1,
                 from /usr/include/cairo/cairo-qt.h:44,
                 from gfxQPainterSurface.cpp:45:
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:81:27: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:488:28: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpolygon.h:45,
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:83:93: error: macro "malloc" passed 4 arguments, but takes just 1
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:86:54: error: macro "free" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:96:66: error: macro "free" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:96:128: error: macro "free" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:439:34: error: macro "free" passed 2 arguments, but takes just 1
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:46,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:48,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qiodevice.h:46,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qdatastream.h:46,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qregion.h:50,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qmatrix.h:46,
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:370:27: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:418:58: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:432:53: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:435:42: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:48,
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:127:76: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:274:38: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:628:18: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:629:27: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:717:51: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:883:93: error: macro "realloc" requires 2 arguments, but only 1 given
gfxQtNativeRenderer.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -o gfxQtNativeRenderer.o -c -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -I../../dist/system_wrappers -include ../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DIMPL_THEBES -DWOFF_MOZILLA_CLIENT -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.6\" -DOSARCH=Linux -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DCHROMIUM_MOZILLA_BUILD -DOS_LINUX=1 -DOS_POSIX=1 -I../../ipc/chromium/src -I../../ipc/glue -I../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders  -I. -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub  -I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/nss       -fPIC -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -march=native -pipe -fPIC -Wno-return-type -w -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer  -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL    -pthread -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2     -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../mozilla-config.h -MD -MF .deps/gfxQtNativeRenderer.pp gfxQtNativeRenderer.cpp
gfxPangoFonts.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -o gfxPangoFonts.o -c -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -I../../dist/system_wrappers -include ../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DIMPL_THEBES -DWOFF_MOZILLA_CLIENT -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.6\" -DOSARCH=Linux -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DCHROMIUM_MOZILLA_BUILD -DOS_LINUX=1 -DOS_POSIX=1 -I../../ipc/chromium/src -I../../ipc/glue -I../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders  -I. -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub  -I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/nss       -fPIC -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -march=native -pipe -fPIC -Wno-return-type -w -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer  -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL    -pthread -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2     -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../mozilla-config.h -MD -MF .deps/gfxPangoFonts.pp gfxPangoFonts.cpp
gfxFT2FontBase.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -o gfxFT2FontBase.o -c -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -I../../dist/system_wrappers -include ../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DIMPL_THEBES -DWOFF_MOZILLA_CLIENT -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.6\" -DOSARCH=Linux -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DCHROMIUM_MOZILLA_BUILD -DOS_LINUX=1 -DOS_POSIX=1 -I../../ipc/chromium/src -I../../ipc/glue -I../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders  -I. -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub  -I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/nss       -fPIC -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -march=native -pipe -fPIC -Wno-return-type -w -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer  -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL    -pthread -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2     -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../mozilla-config.h -MD -MF .deps/gfxFT2FontBase.pp gfxFT2FontBase.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:48,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpolygon.h:45,
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:81: error: variable or field 'realloc' declared void
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h: In member function 'void QList<T>::reserve(int)':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h:488: error: 'struct QListData' has no member named 'realloc'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h: At global scope:
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:86: error: variable or field 'free' declared void
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:96: error: function definition does not declare parameters
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:46,
                 from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:48,
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qbytearray.h:370: error: variable or field 'realloc' declared void
In file included from /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qobject.h:48,
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:628: error: variable or field 'realloc' declared void
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qstring.h:629: error: variable or field 'realloc' declared void
gfxFT2Utils.cpp
x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -o gfxFT2Utils.o -c -I../../dist/stl_wrappers -I../../dist/system_wrappers -include ../../config/gcc_hidden.h -DIMPL_THEBES -DWOFF_MOZILLA_CLIENT -DMOZILLA_INTERNAL_API -D_IMPL_NS_COM -DEXPORT_XPT_API -DEXPORT_XPTC_API -D_IMPL_NS_GFX -D_IMPL_NS_WIDGET -DIMPL_XREAPI -DIMPL_NS_NET -DIMPL_THEBES -DOSTYPE=\"Linux2.6\" -DOSARCH=Linux -DEXCLUDE_SKIA_DEPENDENCIES -DCHROMIUM_MOZILLA_BUILD -DOS_LINUX=1 -DOS_POSIX=1 -I../../ipc/chromium/src -I../../ipc/glue -I../../ipc/ipdl/_ipdlheaders  -I. -I. -I../../dist/include -I../../dist/include/nsprpub  -I/usr/include/nspr -I/usr/include/nss       -fPIC -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wpointer-arith -Woverloaded-virtual -Wsynth -Wno-ctor-dtor-privacy -Wno-non-virtual-dtor -Wcast-align -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-variadic-macros -Werror=return-type -march=native -pipe -fPIC -Wno-return-type -w -fno-strict-aliasing -fshort-wchar -pthread -pipe -DNDEBUG -DTRIMMED -Os -freorder-blocks -fomit-frame-pointer  -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -pthread -I/usr/include/cairo -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/pixman-1 -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/include/libpng14 -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/libdrm -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore   -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/include/qt4 -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt4/QtOpenGL    -pthread -I/usr/include/pango-1.0 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib64/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/freetype2     -DMOZILLA_CLIENT -include ../../mozilla-config.h -MD -MF .deps/gfxFT2Utils.pp gfxFT2Utils.cpp
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h: In member function 'void QVector<T>::moz_free(QVectorTypedData<T>*) [with T = QPoint]':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:119:   instantiated from 'QVector<T>::~QVector() [with T = QPoint]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpolygon.h:63:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:439: error: 'struct QVectorTypedData<QPoint>' has no member named 'free'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h: In member function 'void QVector<T>::moz_free(QVectorTypedData<T>*) [with T = QPointF]':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:119:   instantiated from 'QVector<T>::~QVector() [with T = QPointF]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpolygon.h:135:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:439: error: 'struct QVectorTypedData<QPointF>' has no member named 'free'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h: In member function 'void QVector<T>::moz_free(QVectorTypedData<T>*) [with T = QPainterPath::Element]':
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:512:   instantiated from 'void QVector<T>::moz_realloc(int, int) [with T = QPainterPath::Element]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:325:   instantiated from 'void QVector<T>::detach_helper() [with T = QPainterPath::Element]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:134:   instantiated from 'void QVector<T>::detach() [with T = QPainterPath::Element]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:234:   instantiated from 'T* QVector<T>::begin() [with T = QPainterPath::Element]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:247:   instantiated from 'T& QVector<T>::first() [with T = QPainterPath::Element]'
/usr/include/qt4/QtGui/qpainterpath.h:389:   instantiated from here
/usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qvector.h:439: error: 'struct QVectorTypedData<QPainterPath::Element>' has no member named 'free'
make[4]: *** [gfxQPainterSurface.o] Error 1
make[4]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/work/mozilla-central/gfx/thebes'
make[3]: *** [libs] Error 2
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/work/mozilla-central/gfx'
make[2]: *** [libs_tier_platform] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/work/mozilla-central'
make[1]: *** [tier_platform] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/work/mozilla-central'
make: *** [default] Error 2
emake failed
 * ERROR: net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5 failed:
 *   emake failed
 * Call stack:
 *     ebuild.sh, line   56:  Called src_compile
 *   environment, line 5911:  Called _eapi2_src_compile
 *     ebuild.sh, line  654:  Called die
 * The specific snippet of code:
 *              emake || die "emake failed"
 * If you need support, post the output of 'emerge --info =net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5',
 * the complete build log and the output of 'emerge -pqv =net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5'.
 * This ebuild is from an overlay: '/usr/local/portage/'
 * The complete build log is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/temp/build.log'.
 * The ebuild environment file is located at '/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/temp/environment'.
 * S: '/var/tmp/portage/net-libs/xulrunner-2.0_beta8_pre-r5/work/mozilla-central'

...and my emerge --info:

Code:

Portage 2.1.9.24 (default/linux/amd64/10.0/desktop/kde, gcc-4.4.5, glibc-2.12.1-r3, 2.6.35-zen2 x86_64)
=================================================================
System uname: Linux-2.6.35-zen2-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Quad_CPU_Q6600_@_2.40GHz-with-gentoo-1.12.14
Timestamp of tree: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 04:00:01 +0000
ccache version 2.4 [enabled]
app-shells/bash:     4.1_p9
dev-java/java-config: 2.1.11-r2
dev-lang/python:     2.6.6-r1, 3.1.2-r4
dev-util/ccache:     2.4-r8
dev-util/cmake:      2.8.1-r2
sys-apps/baselayout: 1.12.14-r1
sys-apps/sandbox:    2.3-r1
sys-devel/autoconf:  2.13, 2.68
sys-devel/automake:  1.8.5-r4, 1.9.6-r3, 1.10.3, 1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:  2.20.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:       4.4.5
sys-devel/gcc-config: 1.4.1
sys-devel/libtool:   2.2.10
sys-devel/make:      3.82
virtual/os-headers:  2.6.35 (sys-kernel/linux-headers)
ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="amd64 ~amd64"
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*"
CBUILD="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
CONFIG_PROTECT="/etc /usr/share/config"
CONFIG_PROTECT_MASK="/etc/ca-certificates.conf /etc/env.d /etc/env.d/java/ /etc/eselect/postgresql /etc/fonts/fonts.conf /etc/gconf /etc/revdep-rebuild /etc/sandbox.d /etc/terminfo /etc/texmf/language.dat.d /etc/texmf/language.def.d /etc/texmf/updmap.d /etc/texmf/web2c"
CXXFLAGS="-march=native -O2 -pipe"
DISTDIR="/usr/portage/distfiles"
FEATURES="assume-digests binpkg-logs ccache distlocks fixlafiles fixpackages news parallel-fetch protect-owned sandbox sfperms strict unknown-features-warn unmerge-logs unmerge-orphans userfetch"
GENTOO_MIRRORS="http://distfiles.gentoo.org"
LANG="en_US.UTF8"
LC_ALL="en_US.UTF8"
LDFLAGS="-Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed"
MAKEOPTS="-j5"
PKGDIR="/usr/portage/packages"
PORTAGE_CONFIGROOT="/"
PORTAGE_RSYNC_OPTS="--recursive --links --safe-links --perms --times --compress --force --whole-file --delete --stats --timeout=180 --exclude=/distfiles --exclude=/local --exclude=/packages"
PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/var/tmp"
PORTDIR="/usr/portage"
PORTDIR_OVERLAY="/var/lib/layman/kde /var/lib/layman/mozilla /var/lib/layman/kde-sunset /var/lib/layman/openoffice-geki /usr/local/portage"
SYNC="rsync://rsync.gentoo.org/gentoo-portage"
USE="X a52 aac accessibility acl acpi akonadi alsa amd64 analyzers apng assistant berkdb bittorrent blog branding bzip2 cairo cdr chm cli clucene consolekit cracklib crypt csharp cups cxx dbus desktopglobe djvu dri dts dvd dvdr ebook editor emboss enca encode exif extras fam ffmpeg firefox flac fontconfig fortran fuse games gcj gdbm gif git gpm graphics hal humanities iconv imagemagick java jingle jpeg kde kdrive kpathsea lame lcms libnotify lzma mad mikmod mmx mmxext mng modules mono mozilla mp3 mp4 mpeg msn mudflap multilib multimedia ncurses nls npp nptl nptlonly nsplugin objc odbc offensive ogg okular opengl openmp oscar otr pam pango pcre pdf perl phonon plasma png policykit postgres ppds pppd program_options projectm publishers python qalculate qimageblitz qt qt3support qt4 qwt readline reports rss ruby sasl science scim script sdk sdl semantic-desktop session skype sms solver spell srtp sse sse2 sse3 ssl ssse3 startup-notification subversion svg sysfs taglib tcpd templates theora thread tiff truetype unicode usb vim-syntax vorbis webkit wiki windeco x264 xcb xcomposite xetex xml xmlpatterns xorg xulrunner xv xvid yahoo zlib" ALSA_CARDS="ali5451 als4000 atiixp atiixp-modem bt87x ca0106 cmipci emu10k1x ens1370 ens1371 es1938 es1968 fm801 hda-intel intel8x0 intel8x0m maestro3 trident usb-audio via82xx via82xx-modem ymfpci" ALSA_PCM_PLUGINS="adpcm alaw asym copy dmix dshare dsnoop empty extplug file hooks iec958 ioplug ladspa lfloat linear meter mmap_emul mulaw multi null plug rate route share shm softvol" APACHE2_MODULES="actions alias auth_basic authn_alias authn_anon authn_dbm authn_default authn_file authz_dbm authz_default authz_groupfile authz_host authz_owner authz_user autoindex cache cgi cgid dav dav_fs dav_lock deflate dir disk_cache env expires ext_filter file_cache filter headers include info log_config logio mem_cache mime mime_magic negotiation rewrite setenvif speling status unique_id userdir usertrack vhost_alias" COLLECTD_PLUGINS="df interface irq load memory rrdtool swap syslog" ELIBC="glibc" GPSD_PROTOCOLS="ashtech aivdm earthmate evermore fv18 garmin garmintxt gpsclock itrax mtk3301 nmea ntrip navcom oceanserver oldstyle oncore rtcm104v2 rtcm104v3 sirf superstar2 timing tsip tripmate tnt ubx" INPUT_DEVICES="evdev keyboard mouse joystick" KERNEL="linux" LCD_DEVICES="bayrad cfontz cfontz633 glk hd44780 lb216 lcdm001 mtxorb ncurses text" PHP_TARGETS="php5-2" RUBY_TARGETS="ruby18" USERLAND="GNU" VIDEO_CARDS="nvidia" XTABLES_ADDONS="quota2 psd pknock lscan length2 ipv4options ipset ipp2p iface geoip fuzzy condition tee tarpit sysrq steal rawnat logmark ipmark dhcpmac delude chaos account"
Unset:  CPPFLAGS, CTARGET, EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS, FFLAGS, INSTALL_MASK, LINGUAS, PORTAGE_BUNZIP2_COMMAND, PORTAGE_COMPRESS, PORTAGE_COMPRESS_FLAGS, PORTAGE_RSYNC_EXTRA_OPTS
TheDodger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys!

At the actual (20.nov.2010) ebuilds, all qt4 USE-Flag are removed.
Also ... no firefox4 with Qt :-(
Etal
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDodger wrote:
Hi Guys!

That's because it's broken and no one at Mozilla is working on it
bug 235163:
------- Comment #27 From Jory A. Pratt 2010-09-29 12:49:38 0000 [reply] -------

If qt is reworked upstream to compile again, I will reopen the bug. In the
current state there is no upstream dev working on qt support anymore so it is
surely either gonna be removed from the mozilla tree or someone will step up
and maintain it.
TheDodger
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Etal wrote:
TheDodger wrote:
Hi Guys!

That's because it's broken and no one at Mozilla is working on it
bug 235163:
------- Comment #27 From Jory A. Pratt 2010-09-29 12:49:38 0000 [reply] -------

If qt is reworked upstream to compile again, I will reopen the bug. In the
current state there is no upstream dev working on qt support anymore so it is
surely either gonna be removed from the mozilla tree or someone will step up
and maintain it.

Thanx Etal!
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame, because Firefox Qt4 would have attracted a lot of people. But because they shut out a lot of people that was willing to work on it. They (mozilla) killed it which I hate. Wanted to see Qt version instead of ugly GTK+ :(
jgpallack
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it looks like I'm going back to Opera. Tried using Konqueror and Arora for a while, but the lack of both userscript support and a working session manager made them unusable in the end. Opera, on the other hand, has been perfect.

The Mozilla Corporation needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that people want software that integrates with their desktop and that not everybody uses GNOME.
ComaWhite
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgpallack wrote:
Yeah, it looks like I'm going back to Opera. Tried using Konqueror and Arora for a while, but the lack of both userscript support and a working session manager made them unusable in the end. Opera, on the other hand, has been perfect.

The Mozilla Corporation needs to get their heads out of their asses and realize that people want software that integrates with their desktop and that not everybody uses GNOME.

++100000000000
pingufunkybeat
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news:

http://blog.johnford.info/linux-qt-builds-of-firefox-now-being-generated-2/
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: