Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
ibus not working (not communicating with dbus?)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rav
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: ibus not working (not communicating with dbus?) Reply with quote

I'm trying to get ibus to work, but having little to no success. I have set everything up like the ebuild suggests, but still get nothing.

As far as I can tell, ibus isn't talking to dbus, or at least dbus-monitor does not echo any events when running ibus-setup. I _am_ assuming that ibus-setup should be generating dbus events, because ibus/config.py appears to write out to a dbus connection. Which would also explain why ibus-setup does not save its configuration, but I haven't really had the time to look into it much yet.

/Or/ maybe its something to do with dbus/xorg. Any good way to test dbus/xorg to check things are working? Was there any extra configuration needed for dbus?

I am running:
    xorg-server-1.7.3.901-r1 ipv6 nptl xorg
    sys-apps/dbus-1.3.0-r1 X
    app-i18n/ibus-1.2.0.20091225-r1 nls

Anyone have any luck with ibus, any/or ideas about this problem?
rav
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind, scratch that. dbus must not have restarted properly when I recompiled it with the X use flag. ibus is working great, in opera and everything.

Still no events in dbus-monitor, but I guess monitor must be for tracking something /else/.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: