View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
w1n73rmu7e
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Ext. mon's desktop on laptop when ext. mon disconnected Reply with quote

I recently switched from x11-drivers/ati-drivers to x11-drivers/xf86-video-ati on my ThinkPad T400 with a Mobility Radeon HD 3450. I use an external monitor with my ThinkPad, onto which I extend my desktop. After switching to xf86-video-ati, I have had the problem that when I disconnect the external monitor, the desktop that shows up on my laptop panel is that which showed up on my external monitor when it was connected.

This is a big problem, as it means that my KDE panel (which appears on my laptop panel when the external monitor is connected) is no longer visible, with no way to get it back. I would rather not position the panel on the external monitor when it is connected. I didn't have this problem when I was using the proprietary ati-drivers package, but it didn't play nicely with my new external monitor.

Has anyone had this problem before, and, if so, how did they fix it?

TIA for the help!
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: