View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesnow
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:27 pm    Post subject: xrandr does not report all screen resolutions until reboot Reply with quote

When I teach I have to plug my laptop into the projector, run a short xrandr script to clone output to the VGA1 port and off we go. BUT, lately (as of I guess v. 1.3) xrandr doesn't show all the resolutions available on the device, leaving off the highest one. So I run my script and get "Resolution 1024x768 not found". Xrandr reports, sure enough, 800x600 max resolution. So I reset both outputs to 800x600 by hand and keep going.

Annoying, especially since the classroom is in continuous use, and I can't just pop in for an hour to test things out.

Then my laptop froze mid-lecture, a problem I've been having increasingly on both laptop and desktop, since about the 2.6.31 kernel series. Continuing my lecture while rebooting, xrandr *then* reported all the resolutions the projector offers.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Jon.

ps. X now crashes on exite, so I can't just restart. That behavior has been since they got rid of <ctrl>-<alt>-<del>. I have Option "Don'tZap", so now I can at least use it to crash my system.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: