View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ISHAIM
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:30 am    Post subject: No gnome-system-tools components work. [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to use gnome-system-tools, but none of the components seem to work. The effect is the same as regular user and super user. Here is are some sample outputs:
Code:
isaias@gentoo ~ $ sudo shares-admin
Password:

(shares-admin:16557): polkitgtk-WARNING **: Error sync-checking authorization for action id `org.freedesktop.systemtoolsbackends.set': Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.CheckAuthorization() on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success

(shares-admin:16557): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Failed to execute program /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success
isaias@gentoo ~ $ sudo services-admin

(services-admin:16564): polkitgtk-WARNING **: Error sync-checking authorization for action id `org.freedesktop.systemtoolsbackends.set': Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.CheckAuthorization() on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success

(services-admin:16564): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Failed to execute program /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success
isaias@gentoo ~ $ sudo network-admin

(network-admin:16569): polkitgtk-WARNING **: Error sync-checking authorization for action id `org.freedesktop.systemtoolsbackends.set': Remote Exception invoking org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Authority.CheckAuthorization() on /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authority at name org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.Spawn.ExecFailed: Failed to execute program /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success

(network-admin:16569): Liboobs-WARNING **: There was an unknown error communicating with the backends: Failed to execute program /usr/libexec/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success

Any help appreciated,
Thanks.

Last edited by ISHAIM on Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
scan2006
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just a guess, but did you use the policykit flag?
Rexilion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had the same error messages like your, albeit with another program (NetworkManager and blueman). A

emerge -q -1 dbus

and then rebooting did the trick for me...
ISHAIM
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was using the policykit flag. The emerge -qavt -1 dbus and reboot worked for me. Thank you.
Rexilion
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose this is a bug, since I thought I did something wrong... Anyone else experiencing this?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: