Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Alsa no longer works after binutils update...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
napalmstrike
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:31 pm    Post subject: Alsa no longer works after binutils update... Reply with quote

I emerged the latest version of binutils (sys-devel/binutils-2.14.90.0.6-r2) a few days ago. And by accident, I also reemerged alsa-driver. Now my sound doesn't work. Specifically, it can't seem to mute the "digital output jack" on my SBLive card. Other SoundBlaster Live users know that if you're using analog speakers, you must mute the digital output in alsa or else it $#*(!s up.

More Info
===========================================
So of course, I try recompiling everything else w/ the new binutils. Including the kernel and glibc. Still doesn't work. In fact, the regular emu10k1 driver that comes with the kernel doesn't even initialize properly (constantly stuck in that "initialializing" state if you `lsmod`). So I figure, maybe it's modutils and module-init-tools. I go reemerge that those. Still doesn't work.

Currently, I'm reemerging what I *think* was the old version of binutils that I was using and then reemerging alsa, the kernel, modutils, etc. Good #$@*(! grief....
===========================================

Anyone else been having similar trouble?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: