Creating/Modifying LiveCD
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kronos
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Creating/Modifying LiveCD Reply with quote

Okay, I need some advice on modifying a liveCD. I did what I thought would work, but to no avail. I basically need to add one binary executable to the cd. here's what i did:

first, i mounted the normal cd loopback. i copied everything over to a directory called build.

I bunziped and tar-extracted the stage1.tar.bz2 file to a temporary directory. I added partimage (the binary executable file i want to add to the cd) to the /bin directory. I tar and bziped it back together. i put the modified stage1.tar.bz2 (naming is different i realize, but i'm saving time and keystrokes here) in the appropriate directory in my /build directory.

all files are in the appropriate place, from looking at where i've mounted the cd loopback.

in this /build dir I do this:

mkisofs -c isolinux/boot.cat -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -o ../currentdate-gentoo-partimage-disc.iso -v .

then I:

cdrecord -eject -v blank=fast dev=0,1,0 speed=4 -data ../currentdate-gentoo-partimage-disk.iso

each cd looks identical. except for that binary. when i boot from my cd however it says it can't find the ramdisk file (initrd.1024).

It's there, and diff reports no difference between the one on a mounted cd and the one in the /build directory.

What do I need to do?

-Kronos
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: