View posts from last 7 days

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
twisted_steel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't come across anything for this type of automation as of yet. I was thinking of perhaps writing a client/server application to do this when I get time, but I don't know if the outport program can be automated in any way without modifying the source to add commandline switches or something similar. It's fine to manually go through the dialogs and copying the files, then importing them on my box, but it would be much nicer to sync them every day, since I have my main calendar stored on my WinXP laptop.
panserg
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My progress so far is:

1. I can already get outlook calendars from IMAP folders in Exchange or by redirecting new calendar requests directly to my local maildirs on Linux.

2. I'm working now to parse them, in order to get the calendar event properties (date, time, attendees, place) and insert it as a new event (I am not sure updating existing ones) in my Calendars in Plone.

3. I am going to sync Plone calendars with Mozilla vcalendars shared in WebDAV, after I'll finish #2.

4. I am already sharing vcalendars between Mozilla Calendar clients through the shared WebDAV folder in Zope.

5. I am going to send event notifications back to Exchange in the format as Exchange sends them now, after I'll finish #3

I hope in few weeks to put all pieces together in order to integrate calendaring between Outlook/Exchange, Mozilla-Outlook and Web-browser clients.

If anyone intersting to help - send me PM.
jmk
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panserg wrote:
My progress so far is:
1. I can already get outlook calendars from IMAP folders in Exchange or by redirecting new calendar requests directly to my local maildirs on Linux.
2. I'm working now to parse them, in order to get the calendar event properties (date, time, attendees, place) and insert it as a new event (I am not sure updating existing ones) in my Calendars in Plone.
3. I am going to sync Plone calendars with Mozilla vcalendars shared in WebDAV, after I'll finish #2.
4. I am already sharing vcalendars between Mozilla Calendar clients through the shared WebDAV folder in Zope.
5. I am going to send event notifications back to Exchange in the format as Exchange sends them now, after I'll finish #3
I hope in few weeks to put all pieces together in order to integrate calendaring between Outlook/Exchange, Mozilla-Outlook and Web-browser clients.
If anyone intersting to help - send me PM.

panserg:
How did it work out for you? Did you get webDAv setup? I'm thinking on setting up calendar sharring on my IMAP server at home.
Uratul
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unison may be something to look into for the syncing problem. I sync my .ics calendar files across my laptop desktop and a webspace as well 8)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: