Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
I remember when I had a full head of hair....
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ekj530
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: I remember when I had a full head of hair.... Reply with quote

ok, I have been trying now for the last several days to install gentoo on my backup computer. I run Slackware 9 and usually compile all my software from source and thought I would give Gentoo a try seeing how source is its forte'. Anyways, I always get the same problem. I get all the way through the manual, install Lilo and make my boot disk. Then, I do the emerge xfree thing. After several hours, it is finished and I go through the umount etc etc to reboot. When I reboot, lilo is not working. I try to use my floppy and it won't work because it says that the file compression type is unknown (error 2) or something like that. And, here I am.

So, could someone please give some suggestions as to what to do here? I really really hate to give up and get beat by something... So, please, make my day and help me here!

:::::he calmly hit Enter on his keyboard, looking down at the pile of hair at his feet...:::::::
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: