[SOLVED] Cannot write/read image data in id3 tags
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hexe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Cannot write/read image data in id3 tags Reply with quote

I have problem with id3 tags -- I cannot either write or read image data. I think I am missing some image library but I searched a lot in google and didn't find any answer.

I have cover images in jpg stored in music directories. On ubuntu it was just fine, I was able to write those covers data to id3 via easytag and each player recognized those images.

Right now when I want to add a cover to a mp3 file in easytag I click "+" on the cover tab, select the image and then it should appear in the cover art box, but it doesn't, it stays empty.
When I want to edit existing tags with album covers, I do have a tab named "Picture (1)" (what means that I have 1 image file added to id3) but it doesn't have any image data inside. After I change selection from one file to another it says that first file is modified and a cover tab changes to "Picture".

If I run quodlibet and play a song I have a picture of an empty cd case in the upper-right corner. After I click it to add a cover, quodlibet crashes with an error that it couldn't recognize the image file format for the file (...).jpg.

The same problem exists in rhythmbox.

I have:

Code:
media-sound/easytag-2.1.6-r2  USE="flac mp3 vorbis wavpack -mp4 -speex"
media-libs/libid3tag-0.15.1b-r2  USE="-debug"
media-libs/id3lib-3.8.3-r7  USE="-doc"
media-sound/rhythmbox-0.12.6  USE="brasero cdr gnome-keyring hal ipod musicbrainz python -daap -debug -doc -libnotify -lirc -mtp -nsplugin -test -udev"
media-sound/quodlibet-2.2.1  USE="dbus gstreamer ipod"

EDIT:

I re-emerged the jpeg package and emerged the xv package -- I don't know which one worked, but right now I see jpeg covers ;).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: