View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilsonsamm
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Xfce4 keyboard shortcuts don't work with russian keyboard Reply with quote

I've set up "keyboard shortcuts" in Xfce4 to do various things I need to do fairly often (I don't need a "windows" key, and what's more I don't need two of them, but it's handy to be able to map Windows+Z to skip to the previous track in Rhythmbox for example.)

Windows+Q is "setxkbmap gb". this works from a terminal, but not this keybinding still doesn't do anything.
Windows+W is "setxkbmap ru". this works just fine. Я могу набирать по-русски.

But now I want to type in English again, and I have to open a terminal and copy-paste the setxkbmap command from above into it because Windows+Q doesn't do what I want.

Windows+T starts a terminal at my ~/ but only when I have the English keyboard.
wilsonsamm
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried mapping "setxkbmap gb" to Windows+Й (which is what's on the Q button after changing to Russian) and that works fine.
It was because Q was not mapped to Q that this shortcut didn't work before. should I add all my keyboard shortcuts again, for the Russian layout, or is there a way to let all buttons have their latin mappings when modified by the windows key?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: