NTFS3g not preserve modification timestamp at copy [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ifraixedes
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:17 am    Post subject: NTFS3g not preserve modification timestamp at copy [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Hi,

I have some problem that I cannot to solve after that I was searching for sometime along the internet.

I have some NTFS partition that I mount using the NTFS-3G user space driver so I can write in this partitions. My problem is that all files that I copy from other partition not preserve the modification date and time and the creation date and time, but it last is normal.

I observe that if I use the -t option of cp command then the modification date and time is preserved, but with this workaround I cannot copy from GUI (gnome) if I want to preserve modification date an time. On the other hand I cannot use my rsync bash scripts that I use to replicate my files along different drives because when sync to NTFS the modification time is not preserved and then I sync in opposite direction the files that I copied from last sync are newer, although these have not been modified.

I have gentoo installed in tow machines, PC and laptop, and tow are up to date until last Sunday (09/05/2010) available portage snapshot.

Somebody does know as I can solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

Last edited by ifraixedes on Tue May 11, 2010 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bobspencer123
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure but maybe you have the same problem a couple of us had a while back
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-815319-highlight-ntfs3g.html
ifraixedes
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:34 pm    Post subject: NTFS3g not preserve modification timestamp at copy [SOLVED] Reply with quote

Solved! the problem is that.
I compiled another time the sys-fs/ntfs3g with non acl use flag (-acl) and after that the modification date and times of the files are preserved when they are copied.

Thank you very much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: