View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kvetch
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Docking Station, twin view issues Reply with quote

I am trying to get my laptop to work in twinview mode when in a docking station. On my docking station, I have two video outputs DVI and VGA with two identical monitors connected to them. When the lid is closed and the laptop is docked and I boot up my tty displays on the first monitor (DVI) but then as soon as it jumps into X the laptop screen starts and twin view extends over to the second monitor.
How can I get X to notice the lid is closed and to use the other two outputs?

If following the Nvidia guide http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/X.Org/Dual_Monitors/Nvidia with my laptop resolution at 1920x1200 and my two monitors each at 1280x1024 and my kernel configured with ACPI dock (CONFIG_ACPI_DOCK=y)
I would like it setup so when not docked it uses the laptops native max resolution but when docked and lid closed it uses the docking stations dual outputs.
I assume you accomplish this with the MetaModes Option but since it isn't detecting it is docked things
Option "MetaModes" "1280x1024,1280x1024; 1920x1200"

Is there an acpi function I have to perform during boot or something to get X to recognize the lid is closed and to use the docking station outputs? Do I not use TwinView and use something like xrandr?
I would like the laptop screen to be default and when not docked be the only screen. When docked I would like the laptop display off and the other two monitors in TwinView mode.

Thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: